Let's see your latest mailbox score - 2017!!

britishcanuk

4 hours ago, Max-fossils said:

Today, in the Netherlands, it's the 3rd Tuesday of September. This means it's Prinsjesdag, a national holiday. The king usually then goes around in his "koets" (coach) waving at the crowd. I usually don't do much on Prinsjesdag, except for enjoying the day off. But this year, Prinsjesdag was a very special day for me! Seems like I got particularly lucky: I got this incredible package from @Nimravis Ralph!!!

IMG_1265.thumb.JPG.03abc2847f8ad4ad2a88cfb1d56376e1.JPG

This is one of the awesomest packages I ever got, and I simply cannot thank him enough for it!

A wide range of different brachiopods, as well as some amazing Mazon Creek fossils! All new additions to my collection!

So, once again, thank you so much Ralph!

Max

Glad that you liked them Max.

I've been scouting our favorite internet auction house on and off for over a year now in the hopes of scoring a decent mammoth tooth for a reasonable price. Luck was finally with me as I managed to place the highest bid for a 16cm. long molar with roots last week. It just arrived with the post today and I'm happy as pie to be holding it in my hands. I've already picked out a prominent spot in my collection room to display it. Catches your eye as soon as you walk through the door. I actually thought it was almost complete as I checked out the photos, but now while checking up on the taxonomy of Mammutus primigenius, I've learned that a section at the end is missing. I've drawn the missing part in the last photo. It doesn't bother me at all, though, particularly since the occlusal surface is completely intact.

M13a.thumb.jpg.14df5856416e915cca54e65137e16691.jpg

M13b.thumb.jpg.92816f09c8307bb1d9116d272da0dac2.jpg

M13c.thumb.jpg.729ea91c670f30080835cbb0baf47db3.jpg

M13d.thumb.jpg.a121174b79851a1e9996cedbef09c74e.jpg

M13e.thumb.jpg.a521627089b8acddc320834676d45c8b.jpg

59c3f1cd6f1ae_M13c-Kopie.thumb.jpg.bc2d34b2dab021494db166d252b4aa20.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

@Ludwigia Very nice tooth!

Where is it from: the North Sea, or from the Donau River (or someplace else)?

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

1 minute ago, Ludwigia said:

It was found in a gravel pit in Viernheim, Hessen.

Never heard of this location before...

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

5 minutes ago, Max-fossils said:

Never heard of this location before...

There are an awful lot of gravel pits in quarternary deposits along the Rhine river. This is just one of probably hundreds of them and many of them produce fossils quite regularly.

• I found this Informative 1

That's a very nice Mammoth molar.

39 minutes ago, gigantoraptor said:

Is that a piece of the jaw between the roots?

I agree that looks like a piece of jaw.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

1 hour ago, gigantoraptor said:

Is that a piece of the jaw between the roots?

41 minutes ago, LordTrilobite said:

That's a very nice Mammoth molar.

I agree that looks like a piece of jaw.

Yes, I'm very happy with this tooth. It's only a piece of matrix between the roots. I would have liked to have removed it, but the substance used to conserve the tooth has hardened it so much that I'd rather not take the chance of damaging it.

• 2 weeks later...

When I got home today, I had a nice surprise in my mailbox from @Max-fossils in the Netherlands. He sent me various beautiful fossils from the Netherlands, France and Belgium- some from closed locations. Thanks again Max, I really appreciate these.

IMG_7170.JPG.94686afae4c37793ed464e4c6ecea48a.JPGIMG_7171.JPG.4db8fc83c872d9817a71b3eb923dae25.JPGIMG_7172.JPG.e595d2428854a0a9e850adcd79ff1b94.JPGIMG_7173.JPG.e58bb8ca14f0ed12e4829457a4c7b830.JPGIMG_7174.JPG.bb218cdcfab3ebaf2fd21b39a92ff88d.JPGIMG_7178.JPG.0e81324c195e90070375a8872271ce70.JPGIMG_7175.JPG.a92740cd4f18d939d3df9e441d6865c5.JPGIMG_7176.JPG.5f3d870ab099a98ee4f76b4332568fda.JPGIMG_7177.JPG.a48663286d102b616adf3236fc33ae32.JPGIMG_7179.JPG.8e15da301c94e522f861e2b5cba52212.JPGIMG_7180.JPG.c66f51d0a739571c337982356909e1e1.JPG

7 hours ago, Nimravis said:

When I got home today, I had a nice surprise in my mailbox from @Max-fossils in the Netherlands. He sent me various beautiful fossils from the Netherlands, France and Belgium- some from closed locations. Thanks again Max, I really appreciate these.

:ighappy:

Max Derème

I already posted this in it's own thread. But my latest mailscore was probably my best one so far as well. A Spinosaurus quadrate with articulated quadratojugal.

• I found this Informative 2

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Post from a cross the pond . This Post is a thank you to @Nimravis for the fantastic eclectic fossil collection auction I won on TFF. At the top of the class for me was the leaves and wonderful Aphelaspis brachyphasis Trilobites Cambrian Georgia and the crowd pleasers, the 

Coprolite with bone fragments

Oligocene- White River

South Dakota . So thank you Ralph for you kind donation to TFF and for helping  me plug some holes in my collection. 

Also appreciate the small  Tupperware containers that have kept the fossils nice and fresh on their journey here. No one likes their trilobites to go off! 

IMG_0761.JPG

IMG_0760.JPG

IMG_0770.JPG

IMG_0771.JPG

IMG_0773.JPG

IMG_0763.JPG

IMG_0762.JPG

2 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

Post from a cross the pond . This Post is a thank you to @Nimravis for the fantastic eclectic fossil collection auction I won on TFF. At the top of the class for me was the leaves and wonderful Aphelaspis brachyphasis Trilobites Cambrian Georgia and the crowd pleasers, the 

Coprolite with bone fragments

Oligocene- White River

South Dakota . So thank you Ralph for you kind donation to TFF and for helping  me plug some holes in my collection. 

Also appreciate the small  Tupperware containers that have kept the fossils nice and fresh on their journey here. No one likes their trilobites to go off! 

IMG_0761.JPG

IMG_0760.JPG

IMG_0770.JPG

IMG_0771.JPG

IMG_0773.JPG

IMG_0763.JPG

IMG_0762.JPG

Really glad that you like them

On 07/10/2017 at 10:18 PM, Nimravis said:

Really glad that you like them

Just quick update on my fossil collection from @Nimravis . They have taken pride of place in my collectors cabinet draws and I think are looking good. Cheers Bobby

:ighappy: ( my first ever use of a emoticon , don't know how I feel about them yet)

IMG_0779.JPG

IMG_0780.JPG

IMG_0782.JPG

IMG_0783.JPG

IMG_0786.JPG

IMG_0784.JPG

• I found this Informative 2

3 hours ago, Nimravis said:

@Bobby Rico very nice looking displays, you have a wide variety of fossils.

Thank very much. Yes I never been able to make my mind up where collecting fossils are concerned. But the last couple of months I have been looking into  corals  a lot more. I was gutted after seeing your great photos of  dave's down to earth rock shop. I was in Chicago last year and completely missed  it Cheers Bobby 

@Bobby Rico nice collection! But do you have labels for your fossils?

Today I got to open my side of the blind trade with John @JohnBrewer. Very cool (mostly) English fossils! I had to put this funny tattoo on too :D

IMG_1511.JPG

Max Derème

Nice British collection and nice tattoo. Does this forum do a secret Santa? You a thought.

Cheers 

4 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Nice British collection and nice tattoo. Does this forum do a secret Santa? You a thought.

Cheers 

Thanks! Yup, check te Fossil Trades Bulletin Board. Should be somewhere there! 

Max Derème

On 10/10/2017 at 6:03 PM, Max-fossils said:

Today I got to open my side of the blind trade with John @JohnBrewer. Very cool (mostly) English fossils! I had to put this funny tattoo on too :D

IMG_1511.JPG

On 10/10/2017 at 6:03 PM, Max-fossils said:

IMG_1511.JPG

I do have most of the  labels for the trilobite i have found myself  and most of the purchases. Some I was given so they don't sadly have them . I also number fossils on the back of them and keep a note book with the labels stuck in and info . I don't display any labels. @Max-fossils

Cheers Bobby