britishcanuk

Let's see your latest mailbox score!

Nimravis
2 hours ago, thelivingdead531 said:

I also have no clue as to what they are, so if anyone has any suggestions

Looks like all are Mazon Creek concretions- the majority appear to be Neuropteris and a couple Pecopteris and it looks like one Alethopteris.

thelivingdead531
3 minutes ago, Nimravis said:

Looks like all are Mazon Creek concretions- the majority appear to be Neuropteris and a couple Pecopteris and it looks like one Alethopteris.

Would you be able to PM me on which ones are which? I don’t want to clog up this thread too much. If you need me to take more pictures, especially if it makes it easier on you, I’d be happy to do so. Thank you for chiming in on this. :)

Herb
18 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

And last, but by no means least, a box of brachiopods (mainly) sent by another friend, @Herb, this one just another example of his kindness and altruism to so many members, new and more established alike. This one was sent sometime near the end of March and also arrived yesterday. Zpost.gif.c8f98be5b8aa15ef718e27f7ce7b88ca.gif

I was going to post them all out of their bags with the id labels, but decided that would take too long and the labels are much bigger than the fossils so would have needed more space and lots more photos 'cos there's just so many of 'em.:b_love1: Close ups and more info on each as I post them in my collections sections. 

Late Ordovician ( I didn't have Hebertella occidentalis  free of matrix, so this is super): 

20200519_025258-1.thumb.jpg.8e0c03a81c1667214ff50ce66327236c.jpg

Lower Devonian. This is marvelous, as i'm comparatively short of specimens from this time:b_love1:

All bar one are new species for my collection and the Leptaena is particularly special for me, being one of my favourite genera.

20200519_025549-1.thumb.jpg.b2ac67733b6ae06cd03e5e72a989555d.jpg

Middle Devonian (the Spinocyrtia euruteines and Brevispirifer are awesome:b_love1:):

20200519_025741-1.thumb.jpg.d5da64f4e75d7e66d90f9845f6be3592.jpg

And Mississippian which also includes specimens of blastoids, another favourite group of mine, two species of Pentremites here, i think.:b_love1: Always nice to compare these US brachiopods with my British Lower Carboniferous specimens: 

20200519_025924-1.thumb.jpg.8941b9e57033b91680a8fdd80b36e5ff.jpg

And finally lots of Pennsylvanian species including a couple of productids with beautiful preservation of the spines:b_love1: Again these are great as the Upper Carboniferous in the UK is mainly coal measures, so i don't have any brachiopods of this age except for what i get sent or buy : 

20200519_030112-1.thumb.jpg.e9eb5e0fab6444cccdd0526e74ed6979.jpg

Thanks so much, Herb, I am delighted, these add greatly to my collection and will be well loved. 

Yay.gif

You are welcome my friend

FF7_Yuffie
6 hours ago, musicnfossils said:

Scored my first Rex tooth today. Not a big ‘un but pretty nice! 

D1E68934-70CA-4994-85C7-49854A30BEBD.jpeg 2CF687F9-FBAE-48C8-A679-C7F383B252F7.jpeg

Lovely tooth. Looks to be in great condition too.

Darktooth
On 5/20/2020 at 3:17 AM, musicnfossils said:

Scored my first Rex tooth today. Not a big ‘un but pretty nice! 

D1E68934-70CA-4994-85C7-49854A30BEBD.jpeg 2CF687F9-FBAE-48C8-A679-C7F383B252F7.jpeg

Nice tooth, where is it from?

musicnfossils
25 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

Nice tooth, where is it from?

Hell Creek formation in Montana, not sure which county exactly as the seller bought it from someone’s old collection and didn’t get the exact location I guess. 

Darktooth
2 hours ago, fossilsonwheels said:

Some gorgeous Mega-tooth shark stuff arrived today. 

2.25” Ric from Peru. A beautiful tooth from a great location. 

2.9” Meg from Indonesia. Excellent serrations and a pretty tooth. Our first Meg from outside the US. 

4621EBFD-B33A-435D-A199-CBEECBA42154.jpeg

Nice teeth!

digit

The kids are going to love those (when the programs start up again). :thumbsu:

Cheers.

-Ken

fossilsonwheels
3 hours ago, Darktooth said:

Nice teeth!

They really are nice. Very happy with them. 

fossilsonwheels
1 hour ago, digit said:

The kids are going to love those (when the programs start up again). :thumbsu:

Cheers.

-Ken

Hi Ken

I agree. I posted a picture of the Mega-tooth display and it looks good. The kids will dig it. 

Kurt

Bobby Rico
40 minutes ago, Pagurus said:

I can hardly believe it's forty years since I wrote it. I thought you would like the metal dinosaurs. I didn't make them, though. I bought a bunch of them awhile ago and attached little magnets to some of them to hang on our fridge. They seem happy there. All the best to you and Mrs R.

Mike

The book doesn’t look dated at all just looks like you finished it last year. We will read it with Mrs R niece when lockdown is over and send you a full book report then. :) 

thelivingdead531

I think I’m going to need to pick up copies of @Pagurus and @GeschWhat‘s books soon. My kid would definitely love to read about poop. :default_rofl: <— That’s him hearing the word “poop”. 

GeschWhat
1 hour ago, thelivingdead531 said:

I think I’m going to need to pick up copies of @Pagurus and @GeschWhat‘s books soon. My kid would definitely love to read about poop. :default_rofl: <— That’s him hearing the word “poop”. 

Send me a PM with your info and I'll send you one! 

musicnfossils
5 hours ago, Troodon said:

Nice specimen not a metatarsal but a phalanx.  Might be a carpal hard to say with these images

I’ll PM you proper ID images 

thelivingdead531

I love the colors of that tooth, it’s beautiful! :meg::wub:

Praefectus

Happy to help. Congrats on your first purchase. It is a great tooth.