britishcanuk

Let's see your latest mailbox score!

Tidgy's Dad
14 hours ago, Nimravis said:

Like @Darktooth , I also received the items that I purchased from @RJB. I received a couple Meg teeth, a Squalicorax pristodontus, a Palaeo carcharodon and several what I believe are Otodus obliqus. Thanks again Ron.

IMG_1089.thumb.jpg.3d19bff8bc9202af9bd67893c643f555.jpg

Teeth always look nice in Membrane Frames.

Nice lot of gnashers! 

And they do look great in those frames. 

I'm not much good on shark's teeth, but they look like Otodus obliquus to me. (not all of them obviously, just the four at the top here)

Tidgy's Dad
14 hours ago, Nimravis said:

Today I also received the juvenile mammoth tooth that was offered by @JarrodB , he also included a few other items that he collected from the North Sulfur River, including a mosasaur vert. Thanks again Jarrod.

WOW ! ! ! 

The bonus items are great in themselves but that mammoth tooth is excellent! :drool:

Tidgy's Dad
4 hours ago, indominus rex said:

Nice pieces to build the collection :)

I call them starter pieces, nice to have them and hope to replace them with increasingly better ones as the years go by 

Nimravis

@Tidgy's Dad thanks Adam, and yes, I love putting fossils in those membrane frames - especially items that you want to see all sides. The best thing about the frames are their cost, they have come down substantially since the first one I bought a couple years back. These frames I believe ran from .99 to a max of I believe $2.49 (US), including stands. The first one I bought, I had to pay $1.00 just for the stand.

LiamL
5 hours ago, indominus rex said:

image.jpeg

Look at his big eyes! :trilo:

Darktooth
1 hour ago, Nimravis said:

@Tidgy's Dad thanks Adam, and yes, I love putting fossils in those membrane frames - especially items that you want to see all sides. The best thing about the frames are their cost, they have come down substantially since the first one I bought a couple years back. These frames I believe ran from .99 to a max of I believe $2.49 (US), including stands. The first one I bought, I had to pay $1.00 just for the stand.

Do you mind me asking, through which site did you purchase yours from?

aplomado
18 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

Do you mind me asking, through which site did you purchase yours from?

Ebay has them for $1 and up shipped from China.

Nimravis

Now I did not actually get the next two items in the mailbox today, but I did walk by my mailbox while carrying them. I happened to pick both of these up today for a whopping total of $10.00 from a store that I passed that contained some fossils. I stopped in and helped the owner move around some of his labels that were on the wrong items. He had the Mazon Creek Octomedusa jellyfish on a shelf for $5.00 and the Jurassic Solnhofen Limestone with poorly preserved "Floating Crinoids" (Saccocoma pectinata) and a couple pieces of coprolite, including (Lumbricana- Ammonite coprolite) was found in a box where any piece was $5.00.

IMG_1129.thumb.jpg.0ba77e5a379c49116c27f33f95a8df42.jpg

IMG_1131.thumb.jpg.4368c304d03278fe46ca65aacecf53f9.jpgIMG_1132.thumb.jpg.a53904240401f9583c635a1d6fd87b61.jpgIMG_1139.thumb.jpg.221d694e4f2a91a3bacb5db54d31e31d.jpgIMG_1133.thumb.jpg.978dbd5d4d260d41027604310ca6ffa6.jpg

Tidgy's Dad
52 minutes ago, Nimravis said:

Now I did not actually get the next two items in the mailbox today, but I did walk by my mailbox while carrying them. I happened to pick both of these up today for a whopping total of $10.00 from a store that I passed that contained some fossils. I stopped in and helped the owner move around some of his labels that were on the wrong items. He had the Mazon Creek Octomedusa jellyfish on a shelf for $5.00 and the Jurassic Solnhofen Limestone with poorly preserved "Floating Crinoids" (Saccocoma pectinata) and a couple pieces of coprolite, including (Lumbricana- Ammonite coprolite) was found in a box where any piece was $5.00.

Bargains! 

Lovely, jubbly. :)

GeschWhat
1 hour ago, Nimravis said:

What a steal! Check the Lumbricaria under the scope - it could have Saccocoma bits. :D

Wrangellian
6 hours ago, Nimravis said:

Dang, that was a steal. You don't see Octomedusa very often for those prices.. (mine was much more expensive).... and those Saccocomas look pretty good to me! Fairly clear, and on a nice large plate with a coprolite.

Why don't I see items like this in stores in my area??:blink:

Bobby Rico

Great buy Ralph  :envy:

Nimravis

@Wrangellian and @Bobby Rico thanks for the comments and I also thought it was a good buy.

LiamL

Oxynoticeras ammonite with lots mysterious bone fragments from the whitby area.

(ignore the shoes, they're very comfortable)

2.jpeg

4.jpeg

indominus rex
2 minutes ago, LiamL said:

2.jpeg

4.jpeg

Nice fossil my dude. And those are some nice Crocs;), I personally find them uncomfortable because the give me blisters.

LiamL
2 hours ago, indominus rex said:

Nice fossil my dude. And those are some nice Crocs;), I personally find them uncomfortable because the give me blisters.

Once they're worn in I find them the best!

Tidgy's Dad
5 hours ago, LiamL said:

Nice ammonite! :)

But blimey whatever those bones belonged to got a bit of a boshing! 

Nimravis

Well I decided to stop back at the store that I went to yesterday (see above post) to look at a couple other items that I was interested in. I do like fossil pine cones so I thought I would add another - and I got it at a very good price. Here is a fully inflated, 3” by 2 1/4”, Jurassic Araucaria mirabilis cone from Patagonia, Argentina.

4E215E31-DC33-4C4B-86C2-84644C28A8CD.thumb.jpeg.9112ccc0fd342cea745698838d81a96f.jpeg

I also purchased, again at a great price the below Mazon Creek concretion that split perfectly into 3 pieces all containing more Octomedusa Jellyfish. 

The concretion all together:

E47792FA-6683-4C8B-89B0-810A6F57D94B.thumb.jpeg.45a0fc03d09e7722f80195e30e3bb8c6.jpeg

The 3 pieces:

0CC95513-7A0F-4A92-A72F-CB78E9AA2A85.thumb.jpeg.d29520b76971e876c3db3c893b3f5d78.jpeg

The reverse side of the (above) top piece.

E3637E81-C6D7-4E6F-9755-6F83862D4590.thumb.jpeg.bfd817c052208b9267f16003339eb841.jpeg

Kasia
12 hours ago, Wrangellian said:

Dang, that was a steal. You don't see Octomedusa very often for those prices.. (mine was much more expensive).... and those Saccocomas look pretty good to me! Fairly clear, and on a nice large plate with a coprolite.

Why don't I see items like this in stores in my area??:blink:

I still have some plates with Saccocoma left, PM me, if you are interested :) 

caldigger
39 minutes ago, Nimravis said:

Well I decided to stop back at the store that I went to yesterday (see above post) to look at a couple other items that I was interested in. I do like fossil pine cones so I thought I would add another - and I got it at a very good price. Here is a fully inflated, 3” by 2 1/4”, Jurassic Araucaria mirabilis cone from Patagonia, Argentina.

4E215E31-DC33-4C4B-86C2-84644C28A8CD.thumb.jpeg.9112ccc0fd342cea745698838d81a96f.jpeg

Nice to see a whole one. I really don't like the common practice of cut and polishing these guys.

Bobby Rico

Beautiful cone Ralph and a great addition to your plant material. I wish I had a fossil shop on my way home. Cheers Bobby 

Tidgy's Dad
2 hours ago, Nimravis said:

I also purchased, again at a great price the below Mazon Creek concretion that split perfectly into 3 pieces all containing more Octomedusa Jellyfish. 

The concretion all together

The 3 pieces:

The reverse side of the (above) top piece.

You are having a splendid time of it at the moment, Ralph. Fair play! 

A shed load of Octomedusa for next to nothing and the pine cone is a great addition to anyone's collection. :)

Wrangellian

Double dang... I'd go back there for more too, after that first score. What else do they have??

Wrangellian
6 hours ago, caldigger said:

Nice to see a whole one. I really don't like the common practice of cut and polishing these guys.

I agree!

JarrodB
On 3/5/2018 at 9:04 PM, Nimravis said:

Today I also received the juvenile mammoth tooth that was offered by @JarrodB , he also included a few other items that he collected from the North Sulfur River, including a mosasaur vert. Thanks again Jarrod.

Glad you liked them buddy.