Sign in to follow this  
Peace river rat

Want a serious case of fossil envy?

Peace river rat

An awesome website to visit is, "Carl Lewis paleo Fl." He lives in Arcadia and is a local plumber. He takes his airboat out on the peace river and dives deeper areas. He finds like 10 20 megs a day! Mastadon jaws with teeth present, a 9 foot tusk! Horse jaws with all teeth present! Just all kinds of pieces of museum quality. Check out his website, he has excellent pics of every years finds back to 1999.

Darktooth

Thanks for posting this. I will definitely check it out.

fossilselachian

Do you have a more specific web address for this site. I can't find anything for Carl Lewis related to fossils. Thanks

FossilDAWG

Perhaps you aware of Carl Lewis, the athlete?  The algorithm Google uses ranks sites by number of hits, and there are probably about a million people looking for info on Carl Lewis the athlete for every one looking for Carl Lewis the fossil-hunting plumber.  Most people will not have the time or interest to search through a hundred pages or more of Google links to find the person you mentioned.  If you post the actual link I can help you make it a "clicky" if you are unsure how to do that.

I occasionally run into this sort of problem.  There is a paleontologist in Georgia named David Schwimmer.  There is also an actor named David Schwimmer, who coincidentally played Ross, a paleontologist, on Friends.  If you Google "David Schwimmer", or even "David Schwimmer paleontologist" you get several pages of links about the actor before you can find the real paleontologist.

Don

Yvie

Www.Paleoflorida.com

His name is Karl

Great website:envy:

Peace river rat
9 hours ago, Yvie said:

Www.Paleoflorida.com

His name is Karl

Great website:envy:

Thanks, I mistaked it for Chris lewis at first. My toilet backed up and an apprentice told me about it! He told me he can predict what he will find in a specific location each year. Seems appropriate that a plumber understands hydrodynamics! If I see him around town, I will beg and plead to be invited to see his collection in person. He should open a local museum!

fossiling

Well, time to resort to my quote:

paleoENVY!:envy: