Where to go on a weekend spring fossil hunt with my son

Adam86cucv

My son is turning 7 soon and want to take him on a weekend trip to fossil hunt.  We've been to Calvert Cliffs, Brownies Beach, and Swatara State Park.  Ideally in a 200 mile or so radius from central Maryland (Frederick area).  I had thought about going to Big Brook in New Jersey and anything else in that area since Big Brook is only 5 per person a day and maybe on the way home detouring to the C&D canal dredging piles.  I would like to be able to hunt both Saturday and Sunday morning before heading home in the afternoon.  I also thought of doing Purse State Park one day and then over to the Calvert Cliffs or nearby beaches.  The downfall of that could be the tide not being in our favor.  I am also not opposed to the idea of heading into the hills and busting rocks.  It would be cool to go somewhere with Trilobites.  As far as my son is concerned, he enjoys getting to look for fossils either way.  My biggest criteria is somewhere that is without a doubt legal to be fossil hunting and safe...not a road cut on a busy interstate. 

Thanks

Adam