Is this dino footprint real??

Hi I was wondering if this footprint looks legit to everyone.  It's allegedly a imprint and outprint of a Anchisauripus.  I won it in a auction but I don't have it in hand yet so these are the best photos I have at the moment.  Does it look like the real deal or should I be concerned?  Thanks for any help

ddd.jpg

ff.jpg

sd.jpg

s-sdfsdf.jpg

It looks okay just be aware that the actual footprint is usually paint that someone has put on there to indicate to the untrained eye where the actual footprint is.

If you really wanted to know for sure you can wash that paint off and look for the footprint yourself.

Perhaps someone knows a better method on this forum.

• I found this Informative 1

Definitely real - as stated, the darker areas are enhanced to show the print better. 

Sometimes, without enhancement, they don't look as good as one might like. ;) 

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Yep it's real! I've seen plenty of similar looking footprints up here in Massachusetts (State fossil).

It's real. I see no red flags. Getting a positive + negative is a good sign too.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Looks good to me. Part and counterpart is a plus. Bear in mind Anchisauripus is not any specific dinosaur, more of a general term for a smaller 3 toed bipedal theropod of some sort. Kind of impossible to get more specific from a foot print. These look like pretty nice examples.

• I found this Informative 2

Thanks for all the responses. This will be the first footprint in my collection so I don't have any prior experience with them at all.  I knew finding one with the pos and neg piece would make it harder to fake but other than that I didn't really know what to look for.  I feel really confidant now after reading all your responses that this one is authentic.  Thanks again to everybody.

• 2 weeks later...