Calvert Cliffs 3/3/17

Shark Tooth Hunter

Had a decent day at the cliffs. Found the usual stuff but I'm curious to see if anyone can ID what I think is some sort of whale/porpoise tooth?

To sum up the finds, I think I found more jelly fish than shark teeth... hopefully the bay won't be loaded with them this summer! I also came upon a good sized catfish stuck in about 3 or 4 inches of water. I ended up carrying into deeper water so I hope it made it out ok.

Thanks for any info on the tooth also.  

Conor 

image.thumb.jpeg.372b8d021003ccf70cb2870a9f70c596.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c3bec4829ff6e4366fe174963eef5177.jpegimage.thumb.png.097e2d63778803776aa42d3eeab0eaf5.png

32 minutes ago, Al Dente said:

Your whale tooth is broken showing the internal cone shaped structure.

Wow I wouldn't have guessed that thanks 

Hi Conor! The whale tooth is a cool find! I haven't seen a tooth like that from the cliffs before. Also I didn't know there where catfish in the bay. I didn't realize they could survive I saltwater.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

14 hours ago, Darktooth said:

Hi Conor! The whale tooth is a cool find! I haven't seen a tooth like that from the cliffs before. Also I didn't know there where catfish in the bay. I didn't realize they could survive I saltwater.

Yea that's the first time I've seen one from the bay, but I do know they're there. And the whale tooth is also a first for me.  If you ever come back down my way let me know! 

On 3/4/2017 at 2:08 PM, Shark Tooth Hunter said:

Yea that's the first time I've seen one from the bay, but I do know they're there. And the whale tooth is also a first for me.  If you ever come back down my way let me know! 

I definately will be back and I will let you know. I'm thinking somtime in April.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Archived