Sign in to follow this  
Kenny151

Fossil Hunting Buddy Needed - NM

Kenny151

Hey everyone,

I'm writing this out here because I'm trying to find a buddy or a partner to go hunting with.  I've been in New Mexico for just over a year now and there are some hunting grounds I'd like to explore that would probably be quite a bit safer (and more fun) with a partner.  I've been lurking on these forums since I moved out here from Fl.  I'm a 24 year old grad student at UNM studying engineering so I don't have any formal geology education but I like to read and learn about it!  Not really experienced at hunting, just a guy that enjoys being in the outdoors and wants to learn more.

Currently looking into Galisteo Dam as another user on the site has shown.  Reading the paper in the attachments and checking out geologic maps.

If anyone is interested let me know. :)

- Ken

Ammonoid Biostratigraphy of the Upper Cretaceous Carlile Shale at Galisteo Dam, Santa Fe County, New Mexico.pdf

gd.PNG

PFOOLEY

Hey, @Kenny151. I tried to get out to Galisteo a few weeks ago...there is now a very large, unwelcoming fence and locked gate...truly a bummer. There was no posted statement in regards to trespass, but I took the new fence as a sign to move on. @Pilobolus might have a photo...I did not think of it in my disapointment.

Good news is, I will be heading to the Puerco area in the weeks to come...if you would like to join, hit me up through PM. 

-P.

AshHendrick

I will be in NM this August for a week, near/in albeq. I want to meet up with some people and hunt all I can and learn about the place/rules of hunting there so feel free to hit me up if your still looking! I have never hunted there but hope to find out where to go/people to hunt with between now and august. :)