Douglas Point 2/24/17

Boneheadz

Sometimes it can take me a while to do a trip report, but i feel like better late than never right? I headed out to Douglas Point for the main reason of getting some sand material that Ive been told is good for micro teeth. I found the material that i was looking for and loaded my backpack(way to full). I had just made a new sifter for micros and was looking to test it out, and I know literally nothing about them so if anyone wants to chime in on some resources i can study go right ahead. Anyways, I did my regular fossil hunting and didn't find much other than some nice Sand Tigers. I had a disposable camera with me that day that I was trying to use the rest of so I took some scenic shots with it. Enjoy!

Entrance.jpg

Finds.jpg

Scene4.jpg

Nice haul! Looking forward to seeing the micros!:popcorn:

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

How about some closeups of the shark teeth -- most look like sand tigers, but there are a couple that I can not quite identify.  Looks like a great day.  Beautiful weather and many fossil finds

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

9 hours ago, Boneheadz said:

if anyone wants to chime in on some resources i can study go right ahead.

Check out the pinned threads in the micropaleontology sub forum.

Nice trip report and finds!

Thanks for sharing.

Tony

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

I wonder what creature made those tracks in the sand? Also, I'd be careful with telling fossil sites, because that is how they quickly get overrun.

Archived