Peace river

Peace river rat

Lots of cool stuff there.  I was on the Peace last week for a 4 day 3 night camping trip, starting at Wauchula and out at Arcadia.  Found a lot of goodies.  Nice work!

5 minutes ago, CBOB said:

4 day 3 night camping trip, starting at Wauchula and out at Arcadia.  Found a lot of goodies.

No pictures it did not happen.:P

Tony

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

1 minute ago, ynot said:

No pictures it did not happen.:P

Tony

Haha!!  I know I know.  I actually hesitated to post that I went without a trip post!  But rest assured I will be posting a trip report with lots of pics.  After doing this annual trip for a few years now I found my first complete biggest meg tooth.  So pics are definitely coming! (and some bragging too)

1 minute ago, CBOB said:

Haha!!  I know I know.  I actually hesitated to post that I went without a trip post!  But rest assured I will be posting a trip report with lots of pics.  After doing this annual trip for a few years now I found my first complete biggest meg tooth.  So pics are definitely coming! (and some bragging too)

:popcorn:

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

42 minutes ago, ynot said:

Someone has been a busy fossil hunter!

:dinothumb:

Very much so! At least 4 days a week. A good advantage is living 2 miles away!

29 minutes ago, PaleoRon said:

Nice selection of shark species.

Yet to find a meg though :( Plenty of fragelodons, if I get enough I will glue one together!:megalodon_broken01:

Great finds! Glad you posted some pics!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

52 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

Great finds! Glad you posted some pics!

Did you make it to the peace?

13 hours ago, Peace river rat said:

Yet to find a meg though :( Plenty of fragelodons, if I get enough I will glue one together!:megalodon_broken01:

Sometimes they come glued together naturally. An Arcadia tooth from a couple of summers back: I always thought it was odd, one side glossy and the other side matte.

MegMergeCrop.thumb.jpg.c29ff25b54ac5fd89ce71014bc76507b.jpg

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Nice finds! That's a lot of digging:)

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

2 hours ago, Shellseeker said:

Sometimes they come glued together naturally. An Arcadia tooth from a couple of summers back: I always thought it was odd, one side glossy and the other side matte.

MegMergeCrop.thumb.jpg.c29ff25b54ac5fd89ce71014bc76507b.jpg

I've found some like that too Jack, I think maybe one side has been exposed to the current and sand over  a period of time. 

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

20 hours ago, Peace river rat said:

Did you make it to the peace?

We haven't gone on our trip yet we fly down on Saturday March 25. We are planning on visiting the Peace either the following Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon, after we hit up the beach first.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

10 hours ago, jcbshark said:

I've found some like that too Jack, I think maybe one side has been exposed to the current and sand over  a period of time. 

Karl of Arcadia found half a meg and the other half, 4 years later!

On 3/8/2017 at 3:19 PM, CBOB said:

After doing this annual trip for a few years now I found my first complete biggest meg tooth.  So pics are definitely coming! (and some bragging too)

Totally allowed (as long as we see the photos). ;)

Cheers.

-Ken

On 3/8/2017 at 3:37 PM, Peace river rat said:

Given the volume of material you've shown above, I find it surprising that you've only turned up fraglodons. Anyway, you still have the thrill of your first complete meg to look forward to. Though they are still great treats when they turn up in the sifting screen, the excitement is never quite the same once you've joined the Meg Club. Then you get focused on other times on your Peace River wish list (horse, camel, bison...sloth!)

All I can say is that I'm kinda glad I don't live just a few miles from the Peace River or I'd never get anything else done (including sleeping and eating. :P)

Cheers.

-Ken

1 hour ago, digit said:

Given the volume of material you've shown above, I find it surprising that you've only turned up fraglodons. Anyway, you still have the thrill of your first complete meg to look forward to. Though they are still great treats when they turn up in the sifting screen, the excitement is never quite the same once you've joined the Meg Club. Then you get focused on other times on your Peace River wish list (horse, camel, bison...sloth!)

All I can say is that I'm kinda glad I don't live just a few miles from the Peace River or I'd never get anything else done (including sleeping and eating. :P)

Cheers.

-Ken

It can be problematic! :megdance:I have been considering night digging! I fabricated a big bottom scraper like a dragline bucket, with a one foot shelf extension on the non digging edge side, you flip it over and now you have a shelf to spread it on. Very heavy when full, so now I made a table out of two yellow cat litter buckets stacked up (with a shelf sticking out the side to sit a beer on, lol) The full scraper sits nicely flat and I don't have to hold the weight. Really saves the back!

Just fooling around with my laptop camera, any one think it can take Id quality photos?

WIN_20170310_18_12_55_Pro.jpg

WIN_20170310_18_13_05_Pro.jpg

WIN_20170310_18_13_12_Pro.jpg

WIN_20170310_18_13_21_Pro.jpg

Archived