Sainte Marie Aux Mines Show

HamptonsDoc

Has anyone ever been to the Sainte Marie Aux Mines gem and mineral show? How is the fossil material, specifically dinosaur? Worth a trip from the US?

I have never been but if I ever find myself across the pond while it is going on, I would try to make it.  

I am very Lucky because I live just 1 hour far from SainteMarie aux mines :D.

Well it is really a great show, the largest in Europe with Munich (Germany). There are lots of minerals but also rare and beautiful fossils. Vertebrates and invertebrates are both well represented but not not really dinosaurs. 

The real beauty of this show is that it is outside, in all the town center, in a picturesque decor. There are worldwide rocks and dealers. 

Still 3 1/2 months to wait ^_^

• I found this Informative 1

1 hour ago, Nothos said:

I am very Lucky because I live just 1 hour far from SainteMarie aux mines :D.

Well it is really a great show, the largest in Europe with Munich (Germany). There are lots of minerals but also rare and beautiful fossils. Vertebrates and invertebrates are both well represented but not not really dinosaurs. 

The real beauty of this show is that it is outside, in all the town center, in a picturesque decor. There are worldwide rocks and dealers. 

Still 3 1/2 months to wait ^_^

Would love to see some pictures of previous years if you have any! Trying to decide if I will be flying over for the show or not. Seems like a beautiful area to visit, just bad timing for my wife's work schedule. 

I do not have personnal photos but search for "fossiles sainte marie aux mines" in Google images and you will have good preview.

• 2 weeks later...

Never gone in Tucson, but I suppose the shows are quite differents.