ID help - Seed? Nut? Fossilized round thing from GMR

AshHendrick

OK - I will start off by saying that I'm just letting you all know this is a dinosaur egg and I am only posting this here to tell you that and deny any accusations otherwise!! LOL kidding!! BUT! I found this interesting object at GMR (greensmill Run, NC) with some smaller tiger shark teeth and whale bone fragments, belemnites, tilly fish bones and a really worn rick tooth. It's rock hard, looks and feels like a nut you eat at Christmas time (I can't recall the name) but the thing split in  half and inside looks like wood to me - however it's SOLID and def. something fossilized - can wood have been worked into this shape or is it a nut/seed? I can get more photos, it was really hard to photograph the shape of it, it's not perfectly oblong, though it seems that way in the photo it's warped,angled slightly more inward/concaved near the end a bit on one side. It's also sort of long grooved like those large nuts I can't recall the name of.  

Sorry for holding it, I couldn't get it angled right laying down - I won't quit my in aspirations of being a hand model on HSN, no worries! :) Last photo is it opened up how it split (I'm assuming when I hit it with the shovel)

IMG_3222.JPG

IMG_3227.JPG

IMG_3231.JPG

IMG_3236.JPG

IMG_3230.JPG

• I found this Informative 1

I'm wondering it water work wood but hoping it's something cooler given the shape but geologic shapes fooled me before! 

Pecan no I think a walnut based on texture and shape of a pecan nit though. There is another nut I just can't think of between those two.