3 Dino Teeth

HamptonsDoc

Can I please have an ID on these three teeth that were given to me in Tucson when I made a larger purchase?

IMG_0571.thumb.JPG.a24e37d1ab406ac118125b2ecb0ff694.JPG

IMG_0572.thumb.JPG.c130f744be16f1c9b6d2339372f4a730.JPG

IMG_0573.thumb.JPG.cb20e38adbc899ce3a92ef4679ddd257.JPG

The top two teeth in the second and third picture are sauropod. Looks like they're from Morocco and since they're peg shaped I'm saying Rebbachisaurus.

The bottom is Theropod. Maybe Abelisaurid?

• I found this Informative 1

Any chance on a close up of the Theropod serrations? Could be a raptor tooth. The other two teeth I think are some type of  Diplodocoidea, probably Rebbachisaurus.

They look Moroccan from the Kem Kem.

Agree with Runner64 on the theropod tooth Abelisaurid indet.  It's not a raptor but a type of Ceratosauria.

The Sauropod teeth are another story.  There are currently two sauropods described from the Kem Kem: Rebbachisaurus and a undescribed Titanosaurid.  This group of dinosaurs is very poorly understood with hardly any associated material found and all the teeth discovered have been isolated ones.  The larger tooth is what is typically sold as Rebbachisaurus but we do not know if there are other Diplodocid in that fauna.  So it's up to you what you would like to call it Rebbachisaurus sp. or Diplodocid indet.

The smaller tooth may be the Titanosaurid if it's faceted versus oval.

• I found this Informative 2

Zooming in a bit I agree with the Abelisaurid ID for the Theropod tooth. The serrations appear to be similar on both edges of the tooth.

• I found this Informative 1

29 minutes ago, Troodon said:

They look Moroccan from the Kem Kem.

Agree with Runner64 on the theropod tooth Abelisaurid indet.  It's not a raptor but a type of Ceratosauria.

The Sauropod teeth are another story.  There are currently two sauropods described from the Kem Kem: Rebbachisaurus and a undescribed Titanosaurid.  This group of dinosaurs is very poorly understood with hardly any associated material found and all the teeth discovered have been isolated ones.  The larger tooth is what is typically sold as Rebbachisaurus but we do not know if there are other Diplodocid in that fauna.  So it's up to you what you would like to call it Rebbachisaurus sp. or Diplodocid indet.

The smaller tooth may be the Titanosaurid if it's faceted versus oval.

Is that titanosaurid undescribed or does it just not have a name yet?

And I agree with the Abelisaurid indet. ID.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

The only named sauropod from the Kem Kem is Rebbachisaurus garasbae  an interesting fact is that it was initially thought to be a large bodied sauropod but now it's considered much smaller in size.  The Titanosaurid is considered large bodied but not described any further, only a few vertebra have been found.   Its has affinities to the Titanosaurid from Brazil, Baurutitan britoi .  

Late me restate,  we know very little of sauropods from this region.  What suppliers are selling is not based on any published scientific evidence and probably just based on the fact that we have a described name and teeth that look like they work.  No skulls have been found with teeth.

• I found this Informative 5