Fossil Fair Ede 2017 Report

Max-fossils

Hi all!

As requested by quite a few people, here is the report of the Fossil Fair in Ede, which happened today (Saturday 11th of March 2017).

It was a very fun fair with many people, several different organizations were present, a building filled with fossils from all over the world, and tons of amateurs and professionals buzzing around. It was quite busy, but the ambiance was great, or "gezellig" as we would say in Dutch. There were many fossils for sale, some at very low prices, and there was also quite a lot of trading.

Here are some pics of the fair:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

image.jpeg

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

image.jpeg

Max Derème

image.jpeg

Max Derème

image.jpeg

Max Derème

A huge fossil fish for sale! :drool:

image.jpeg

Max Derème

And this is all I brought back from the fair! I brought a lot back, as I got very spoiled by the people there, which were all very generous!

Top-left: some nice literature I got by signing up in the NGV

Top-right: a box full of jewels

Bottom-left: three nice echinoids

Right: a small dinosaur footprint

Bottom-right: a partial Nothosaurus rib 

Middle (from left to right): a bivalve, a small bone, a dolphin vert, and an red iridescent ammonite

image.jpeg

Max Derème

Some closeups:

1) the three echinoids

image.thumb.jpeg.fef581f20664474e5656ad4b4e363459.jpeg

2) the dino footprint (Regiosaurus). It's in the top-left of the pic, you have to be very creative to see it from the photo...

image.jpeg

Max Derème

3) the iridescent red ammonite (from Madagascar)

image.jpeg

Max Derème

4) the box full of fossils! By the way, it could be that soon some of them end up in your mailbox ;)

image.jpeg

Max Derème

All in all, it was an amazing fair, and if you couldn't make it this year, I hope that you can make it in 2018!!! This fair is really the place to trade, buy or sell your fossils, or also to get them IDd!

Happy fossil collecting!

Max

Max Derème

Great report and great pics Max! I am glad you had a good time and scored some nice fossils. Thanks for sharing this with us!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Thanks for sharing this with us Max !

Looks like a great place !

PS: Do you know the where the small brachiopods in the two yellow boxes on your last picture come from ?

Many greetings from Germany ! Have a great time with many fossils :)

Regards Sebastian

Belo.gif

46 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

Great report and great pics Max! I am glad you had a good time and scored some nice fossils. Thanks for sharing this with us!

Thanks Dave!

Max Derème

18 minutes ago, belemniten said:

Thanks for sharing this with us Max !

Looks like a great place !

PS: Do you know the where the small brachiopods in the two yellow boxes on your last picture come from ?

It is indeed a great place! And it's not that far from Germany either, so next time you should really come! At the same time, I don't know where in Germany you live, so it could still be quite far away...

The bivalves come from 2 different locations: the ones on top are from Luc-Sur-Mer, and the ones beneath are from Lion-Sur-Mer. They're very nice in my opinion!

Max Derème

3 hours ago, Max-fossils said:

An amazing partial plesiosaur for sale! :drool:

image.jpeg

That's a fish. the Plesiosaurus label was for the tooth above it. The seller is also a member of this forum and has great Moroccan stuff.

I made some photos as well. But still need to make some photos of my haul. I'll post them tomorrow.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Hey hi Max,

Looks like a nice fossil show. And You really scored with all those wonderful acquisitions!

Glad You had a good time!

Tony

PS @LordTrilobite looking forward to seeing what You got there!

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

11 hours ago, FossilDudeCO said:

Thanks for bringing us along Max!

Looks like a great time to be had!

It was indeed very fun!

Max Derème

11 hours ago, HamptonsDoc said:

Thanks for the pictures!

You're welcome! 

Max Derème

11 hours ago, gigantoraptor said:

that big fish is awesome.

11 hours ago, LordTrilobite said:

That's a fish. the Plesiosaurus label was for the tooth above it. The seller is also a member of this forum and has great Moroccan stuff.

I made some photos as well. But still need to make some photos of my haul. I'll post them tomorrow.

Oops, my bad! :wacko:

And yes, it was indeed awesome! I think it cost about 59'000 euros though, which was more than what was in my pocket...:P

Edit: just realized it was actually at 590 euros, a great deal!!! Once again: oops! 

Max Derème

9 hours ago, ynot said:

Hey hi Max,

Looks like a nice fossil show. And You really scored with all those wonderful acquisitions!

Glad You had a good time!

Tony

PS @LordTrilobite looking forward to seeing what You got there!

Thanks! And I'm also interested in what Olof got, I suspect that he bought/traded some great things!

Max Derème

Archived