Ramanessin and Willow Brook NJ

Trevor

I got to Willow Brook around one o'clock pm and met with someone who lives alongside the stream to get permission to hunt the area. All the gravel bars had snow on them and the water was freezing. The temperature fluctuated from around 32 degrees Fahrenheit to around 18 degrees, not including wind chill. The fossils keep freezing in my bin and the water on my waders formed into little icicles. I stayed there for about 2 hours and then decided to go to Ramamessin. Ram was less productive than the sparse finds from Willow. I stayed there also for 2 hours and felt defeated so I left.

Willow Brook finds

IMG_6394.thumb.JPG.0a2ef68e11d9b1d5ab4b7e9d8815b6c0.JPG

Gastropods 

IMG_6387.thumb.JPG.ea3ea1d2df466e4016372847ecc2fb6e.JPG

Ghost Crab Claw

IMG_6392.thumb.JPG.fb0a2dc558323cceebe0e7d2a6b6c98f.JPG

Internal Belemite Molds

IMG_6390.thumb.JPG.f81376e84768f950ebbda840a365395b.JPG

Ramamessin FindsIMG_6393.thumb.JPG.0d213f4b450f49dad0e7dc5545db37cf.JPG

Ray Vertebrae

IMG_6396.thumb.JPG.59e7863b8e1a76227dc762762cb8e1f1.JPG

Bone

IMG_6385.thumb.JPG.51c047b98ce4a7a9e97da921ed4fa162.JPG

: )

I'd be quite happy with those finds, Trevor. I'd be happier if it were Summer though. Congratulations.

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

Not a bad little haul for the freezing day it was.  That item in the last picture looks like a big Hadrosaur tooth....is it . I can't tell for sure but it looks like one, 

Tony
The Brooks Are Like A Box Of Chocolates,,,, You Never Know What You'll Find.

I Told You I Don't Have Alzheimer's.....I Have Sometimers. Some Times I Remember

And Some Times I Forget.... I Mostly Forget.

I agree, I think you should be happy. Considering the conditions in the Northeast right now i say you did great! I would be thrilled to find those! 

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Wow Trevor I'd say you got a nice faunal representation there in just a short time.

I agree with njfh.  That last pic is suggestive of a Hadrosaur tooth.  If it is it's worth a hundred hours of freezing.  Haha.

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.

Looks like a pretty decent haul for a day that was pretty harsh weather wise. I think those gastropod internal molds, the belemnites, shrimp claw, and ray vert were especially good finds. I see a really nice goblin and mack in your Ram finds as well. Congratulations.

Hadrosaur tooth for sure, excellent find. 

It's good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling. - Mark Twain

i do not see a hadrosaur tooth.  the edge of the bone looks cancellous to me.   

---Wie Wasser schleift den Stein, wir steigen und fallen---

25 minutes ago, non-remanié said:

i do not see a hadrosaur tooth.  the edge of the bone looks cancellous to me.   

Steve....That crossed my mind as well ,,but it may be a trick of light or from the camera.....Trevor needs to take some more views of this to tell for sure

Tony

I Told You I Don't Have Alzheimer's.....I Have Sometimers. Some Times I Remember

Tony, I agree the picture isn't quite sufficient.  To be positive we need another angle and if it were dry that would help as well.   if it is hadroaaur it would be pretty large for NJ!    

---Wie Wasser schleift den Stein, wir steigen und fallen---

Sorry guys for the late response. I don't believe the specimen is a hadrosaur tooth and is rather a bone. The camera angle was a little deceptive, sorry about that. There are little chambers throughout the bone; the piece is a bone fragment.

: )

1 hour ago, Trevor said:

Sorry guys for the late response. I don't believe the specimen is a hadrosaur tooth and is rather a bone. The camera angle was a little deceptive, sorry about that. There are little chambers throughout the bone; the piece is a bone fragment.

Well if there is cell structure I guess its bone.....It would have been a great tooth if it was.......:(

Tony

Archived