Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
salvo1989s

question about UK location

8 posts in this topic

hi guys, anyone know if the Crock hey mine in wigan (lancashire) it's still ok for fossil hunting? heard about this place but i found just few old news on the web.

I believe it's filled in now.

2 people finds this informative

1 hour ago, TqB said:

I believe it's filled in now.

do you know any good location in the lancashire area that i can reach with buses or train? i live in manchester 

1 minute ago, salvo1989s said:

do you know any good location in the lancashire area that i can reach with buses or train? i live in manchester 

I don't collect around there but I'm told that Salthill Quarry near Clitheroe is reachable by bus.

It's Carboniferous crinoid head capital. :) (Despite being a SSSI, the public is allowed to collect loose stuff.)

39 minutes ago, TqB said:

I don't collect around there but I'm told that Salthill Quarry near Clitheroe is reachable by bus.

It's Carboniferous crinoid head capital. :) (Despite being a SSSI, the public is allowed to collect loose stuff.)

ok i'll try to go there , just 1h 14m by train =) thanks 

On 12/03/2017 at 11:03 AM, salvo1989s said:

I live in Chorlton. Offerton is good for plants. Where are you in Manchester? Could pick you up and have a jolly at Offerton. 

On 20 April 2017 at 9:38 PM, JohnBrewer said:

I live in Chorlton. Offerton is good for plants. Where are you in Manchester? Could pick you up and have a jolly at Offerton. 

I live in city centre near Piccadilly station, anyway yes we can do it ;)

My studio (I'm an artist mostly) is in Ancoats between the railway station and city ground and I've got stacks of fossils there. My best fossils are at home tho. You're welcome to drop by the studio for a chat and plan a trip. My studio is on Pollard St East. Drop me an email john (at) johnbrewerphotography dot com