Hookem93

My 12 year found these and I am not sure if they are Mosasaur verts, etc.  I am thinking it MIGHT be a Mosasaur humerus.  It is definitely fossilized, although it looks like unfossilized bone. The smaller one... I will defer to the Forum's expertise.  Thanks! IMG_0233.thumb.JPG.bf5a35b6371db278abf4e00cfad5da93.JPG

The first three pictures are of an artiodactyl (even-toed ungulates) astragalus (ankle bone), probably a bison or cow based on size.  I haven't got a clue on the fourth picture.  Where (in general) were these collected?

-Joe

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library

16 hours ago, Fruitbat said:

The first three pictures are of an artiodactyl (even-toed ungulates) astragalus (ankle bone), probably a bison or cow based on size.  I haven't got a clue on the fourth picture.  Where (in general) were these collected?

-Joe

I'm going to agree with Fruitbat on all accounts....Nice find.

Tony
The Brooks Are Like A Box Of Chocolates,,,, You Never Know What You'll Find.

I Told You I Don't Have Alzheimer's.....I Have Sometimers. Some Times I Remember

And Some Times I Forget.... I Mostly Forget.

Thanks so much for the ID. We have been to the North Sulphur River a few times and my son has fossil fever and was convinced he found his first Mos vert.  Back to proverbial drawing board... thanks. 

On 12-3-2017 at 9:15 PM, Fruitbat said:

-Joe

Yes. This.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Archived