One wicked claw !!!

RJB

When my youngest son and I went on a fossil crab trip just a couple of weeks ago, we parted ways and I went up to the Seattle area and he went to Oregon.  He found this awesome Raninid claw along with whats left of the ventral part of the crab.  He is going to keep this awesome beautiful beast!  Cant blame him. 

DSCN0851.JPG

• I found this Informative 1

OK.. Ron, this is one I look forward to seeing in all its glory.  It sot to be all in there, doesn't it? 

Hey JP, this is as far as this is going.  You can see some of the 100 little pieces on the left in this photo.  Just too much of a puzzle for me. 

RB

too bad, you can , if you choose, send it my way to make more space on your Crab Cart.  

And just out of curiosity, have you ever found a crab in the Pierre/Bearpaw? I have two little carapaces from WY. 

Hey JP. If my son didn't want it, id probably just send it to you.  Im not much one for just parts of a crab.   and no, I belive Ive found any crabs in the peirre/bearpaw?  You must have Dakota cancer?   Actually, I may have one somewhere?

RB

Well, thanks for the nice thought anyway.  

Ekalakia and one raninid.  both very small.  I look at them and I think... "Holy Crabs, Batman... How did I actually managed to notice that when I am looking for much larger ammonites?"  It is the texture, I guess.