JarrodB

15 hours ago, JarrodB said:

You guys will have fun. I should be off if you want to meet up and I'll bring a few Mosasaur verts and shark teeth for your kiddos in case they are not having much luck that day. 

Thanks. Like I said I'll get at you just before we come. 

7 hours ago, smt126 said:

Thanks. Like I said I'll get at you just before we come. 

Sounds good. I also have a couple of spots on Post Oak that get less foot traffic than the more public spots. 

11 hours ago, putt510 said:

Again nice finds Jarrod.  There is some really good stuff you are finding down there.  I'm going to have to save up to come down there and hopefully go fossil collecting with you sometime.  Nice verts, would be nice if they werent so worn, but still nice.  I've heard the bbq is good in texas overall, but how is it in north texas?  For example, in PA, I would say be careful with the bbq because it is not like how they do it down south.  Nice shark bite marks, you dont always find them on bones.

Plan a visit and let me know in advance so I can make sure I"m off. I would be glad to take you to some killer spots. Texas is famous for BBQ so I know you would enjoy that. 

• I found this Informative 1

4 minutes ago, Ropterus said:

Wow! Nice finds! Congrats!

Thanks

18 hours ago, MB said:

Congrats !

It is possible to have a detailed picture of the crab the lower left corner?

Thank you in advance !

:)

MB It's actually a colorful piece of blue melted glass I picked up to toss in my rock garden. I will admit it does look like a crab in that pic. I'm not sure if NSR has crabs. I mainly find Cretaceous sea life and occasionally Plesitocene fossils. I did see a killer starfish come out of NSR recently so you never know. 

I love fossils that tell a story, and that bone with the shark tooth in it is a perfect example.:)

55 minutes ago, TNCollector said:

I love fossils that tell a story, and that bone with the shark tooth in it is a perfect example.:)

Thanks. The last Mosasaur angular I found also had shark feeding marks all over it.

gallery_19191_2362_46221.jpg

21 hours ago, JarrodB said:

MB It's actually a colorful piece of blue melted glass I picked up to toss in my rock garden. I will admit it does look like a crab in that pic. I'm not sure if NSR has crabs. I mainly find Cretaceous sea life and occasionally Plesitocene fossils. I did see a killer starfish come out of NSR recently so you never know. 

ooops.... :o:(

I'll be quiet for a few months... :(

59 minutes ago, MB said:

ooops.... :o:(

I'll be quiet for a few months... :(

Lol no problem buddy.

On 3/19/2017 at 6:41 AM, JarrodB said:

Plan a visit and let me know in advance so I can make sure I"m off. I would be glad to take you to some killer spots. Texas is famous for BBQ so I know you would enjoy that. 

Thanks and of course I'd be willing to return the favor if you ever came up here.  NSR clearly is a unique site during an exciting period in history.  Glad to hear that, because I am very picky with bbq; I only like to eat good bbq, like everybody else.  I was just wondering if you have ever found dinosaur fossils there? It would all depend on how far it is from land.

1 hour ago, putt510 said:

Thanks and of course I'd be willing to return the favor if you ever came up here.  NSR clearly is a unique site during an exciting period in history.  Glad to hear that, because I am very picky with bbq; I only like to eat good bbq, like everybody else.  I was just wondering if you have ever found dinosaur fossils there? It would all depend on how far it is from land.

I never have. Dinosaur fossils are pretty rare at NSR. Anything you find will be bloat & float (animals that died and floated out to sea). I've seen a couple of dinosaur fossils from there in the Dallas Paleo NSR guidebook. 

22 hours ago, JarrodB said:

I never have. Dinosaur fossils are pretty rare at NSR. Anything you find will be bloat & float (animals that died and floated out to sea). I've seen a couple of dinosaur fossils from there in the Dallas Paleo NSR guidebook. 

Okay. I figured if there were they would be bloat and float since the area was underwater and that should be the only way they could get out there, unless the dinos decided they wanted to go for a refreshing swim, lol .  That is cool that they have been found there in general.  I have already ordered my copy of the book and will have to check them out.