Guadalupe River

MSirmon

Found this little guy while sifting through an overflow pool next to the Guadalupe River in Ingram TX. So far I haven't been able to match it to anything. Can any of you help point me in the right direction?

IMG_1290.JPG

IMG_1289.JPG

IMG_1288.JPG

IMG_1286.JPG

IMG_1287.JPG

looks like the hinge area of a large pelecypod. It's tough to id fossils that are frags but try looking at some sea shells in the hinge area and see if your fossil has that symmetry. YNOT could also be correct of course.

I agree with Plax. Considering it was found in a river and is Cretaceous, it could be a water worn bivalve shell with the visible hinge region on one side. Also the imprint from the end could be from a bivalve.
Have you visited Stonehenge II  from the nearby?

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Abyssunder,

The one at UTPB? I have been there multiple times. My wife is a photographer and we use it for photo shoots.  I also ran across another down in the Ingram TX area last weekend. 

Regards,

Michael 

I'm referring to the location at Ingram not Odessa. :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Archived