North Sulphur River 2-25-17,3-17-17,3-19-17

Jakuzi

Hi y'all,

2-25-17 went to 2 different bridges this day.  The first bridge was very muddy and proved difficult to find anything so I cut to another favorite bridge where I thought I would have better luck.  To my surprise I found gravel bars relitivly free of mud and foot prints.  I hiked out pretty far things were much more productive.  I met a fellow board member @zoocosmolina on my way back.  Great meeting you.  I'm sure we'll be meeting up again at some point.

IMG_5044.JPG

I made 2 trips out to NSR this past weekend.  I had planned on nearly a full day on Friday but work had other plans for me.  I ended up doing more exploring/scouting of an area I'd been wanting to check out vs. actuall hunting. Before I knew it I was out pretty far and was on the verge of being late for a date with my girlfriend.  I rushed back towards my starting point and when I sat down to rest I was excited to see a beautiful little Mos vert right where I had dropped my backpack.  Also I found my first big chunk of Mos tooth.  

IMG_5049.JPG

Sorry for the tons of posts. Posting from my phone.  On Sunday I headed out with a couple of my buddies.  We walked pretty far but the area we searched still seemed pretty picked over.  Still made a day of it and came out with some cool stuff.   Including the closest I have now come to a complete Mos tooth.   Below is the combination of my finds from both Friday and Sunday.  The piece on the bottom right is what appears to be pyrite.  We found several chunks of this on Sunday.

IMG_5072.JPG

Jakuzi...you killed it bro.  You double downed on the mos teeth this past weekend.....freakin awesome!  Congrats.

7 hours ago, Jakuzi said:

Found this guy.  Possible globidens?

Hard to tell from just one angle but this looks like it could be a spiral coprolite.

9 minutes ago, Al Dente said:

Hard to tell from just one angle but this looks like it could be a spiral coprolite.

I agree.

7 hours ago, Jakuzi said:

Possible turtle fossil

IMG_5051.JPG

That one is really cool. I have no clue on the ID. 

Congratulations,  you found some great stuff!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

7 hours ago, JarrodB said:

That one is really cool. I have no clue on the ID. 

Here's a pic from the other side with some extra detail.

IMG_5076.JPG

Almost forgot about this.  It looks like it maybe some type of jaw bone with a few partial teeth remaining?

IMG_5077.JPG

Archived