Doc Kutner

I have a few fossils that I've unearthed over the years and although I majored at Oklahoma University in Geology, I've forgotten the ID's of these pieces. I know I should have them at the tip of my tongue, but for the life of me I can't identify these few pieces. I've included a wrist watch for scale (should have used a mm gauge I know). Any help will be greatly appreciated.

UNKNOWN01.jpg

UNKNOWN02.jpg

UNKNOWN03.jpg

UNKNOWN04.jpg

Welcome to the Forum :) 

I've moved your topic to the Fossil ID forum. ;) 

The last item is a Knightia eocaena from the Green River Formation. 

In the first picture, the one on the right looks like either an Exogyra  sp.  or a Gryphea sp  oyster.

Some of the midwest folks might be able to help out with the others. 

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Hi,

First one near the watch is quartz.

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

The two leftmost in the first picture appear to be some kind of gastropod (ancient snail), I'd say Platyostoma for the first one on the left, although I am not sure. If you told us where these were found, that would be great. I live in Kansas, where larger gastropods are not too common

I agree with fossildude19 and coco, the fish looks like a Knightia Eocaena and the large crystal is quartz.
Again, if you could tell us where these were found and give better pictures of the second from the last, I bet I could help you more.
Cole

CD

Welcome Doc. Except for the fish it looks like you've been collecting in the Cretaceous of south central or southeastern OK or maybe across the river where I'm from. I live in Cooke County with some of the same fossils. The second picture looks like a piece of the heteromorph ammonite Idiohamites fremonti.

First picture, bottom row, left to right: 2 Gyrodes and Exogyra. Both types occur in the North Sulphur River area of NE Texas.

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

Archived