My Shark Tooth Collection

Sharks of SC

On 6/16/2017 at 0:04 AM, mattbsharks said:

If you don't mind me asking, how big is your biggest hemi? The ones in the drawer looked absolutely giant!

Hey Matt,

The biggest displayed in that particular drawer is 1.51", but the largest in my collection is a little over 1.75". Still looking for that 2 incher! Thanks for your interest.

9 hours ago, Sharks of SC said:

Hey Matt,

The biggest displayed in that particular drawer is 1.51", but the largest in my collection is a little over 1.75". Still looking for that 2 incher! Thanks for your interest.

Wow! And that great white looked like it was a 3 incher! Great finds!

Although the drawer idea isn't all that new to me (seen it a few times before), its still really cool and looks nicely organized in one. The only thing that triggers me is the fact that the fossils are literally out in the open when a drawer is open, which means it could be damaged if improperly handled by someone else, so maybe putting some transparent window (which would actually make the drawer look like something from a museum) would be more cool and a bit safer for me.

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png