Trip Advice for Utah, Idaho and Wyoming

Cluros

Hi fellow Forum members. My wife and I are planning a collecting trip to Utah, Idaho and Wyoming the last week of June and first week of July. We have a condo in Park City. This will probably be a one time trip so we want to make the most of it. So far we have added U-Dig in Antelope Springs, Utah, and are planning on visiting Spence Gulch in Idaho. We are also looking at fossil fish collecting in Wyoming. My question is this;

1) Can anyone recommend other collecting localities in Utah for trilobites and/or Gogia?

2) Does anyone know if the Riley Canyon agatized horn coral site is still worthwhile?

2) There are several pay quarries in Kemmerer, Wyoming to collect fossil fish. Any thoughts on the best location to go?

3) Does anyone have more detailed directions for finding Spence Gulch in Idaho? I have a Google Earth map but am not sure how accurate it is.

4) Is there someplace we just shouldn't miss?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

As far as fish go I can help there.

Pisces Prehistoric and Warfield's are the most popular.

This summer the commercial quarry I dig at is debating opening it up to tourist digging. Shot me a PM if you are interested.

U-Dig is the place for trilobites, the others I have no information on.

I agree that the Warfield Quarry is a great place for collecting fish. PM me and I can send you directions to Spence Gulch.

I cant remember his name, but ask the guy at U-Dig where there may be other sites.  You are surrounded by other sites when your at U-Dig.  A very large area though.

RB

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If anyone would show us an area I would be willing to share some Vermont fossils with them.

@Cluros you're going to love it out there. I'm digging in Wyoming in May and probably will head out to U-Dig sometime this summer. Best cambrian fossils on earth. Have fun! PS - I'm from Burley, Idaho but now live in DC. :-)

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda