Kane

While going through some older stuff, I came across a fossil I collected several years ago in Nova Scotia, Joggins area (I was given permission to keep it). There may not be enough detail here for an ID, but I thought I'd ask the tribe if they could zero in on what species of plant this might have been. From what I was told, it is fairly common and of little scientific value.

IMG_3053.JPG

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Looks like plant hash, pretty much unidentifiable. The thing I do with these kinds of finds is assign it to the most commonly occurring species of that particular type of plant and wait for further development. It looks vaguely fern like. 

Thanks! I had a suspicion there wasn't enough detail to pinpoint an ID. If only it had more distinguishing features, I'd certainly be able to call it something more than just an indeterminate sp.! :D

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 11:56 AM, Kane said:

Thanks! I had a suspicion there wasn't enough detail to pinpoint an ID. If only it had more distinguishing features, I'd certainly be able to call it something more than just an indeterminate sp.! :D

Well in the first pic there looks like there could be a fragment of a Calamites type plant, so I guess you can write something down.