Does my trilobite need a waxing

Bobby Rico

Hi 

I read that some collectors give some of thier ammonites a light rub with clear bees wax too bring out a nice lustre. I was thinking my trilobite block may benefit from this as it is a little bit of an ugly arrangement and not the prettiest of fossils but the wax may make it stand out more .Any advice from the good people of fossil forum will be appreciated . Thanks Bobby 

IMG_0384.JPG

I am a purist and prefer not to put anying on my fossils, esp not a wax.  It will never come off, and obliterates details if you ever need to look at any micriostructures.  But that is just my two pennies. 

I am a nonconformist and prefer to put sealants on fragile fossils, though I'd avoid wax. You could use Paraloid which can be removed easily, or PaleoBond if you don't mind a permanent coating. But that is just my two cents.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Thanks everyone. Good advice all round . Going for now to keep it natural looking. Bobby