likely Eldredgeops rana cephalon, but making sure...

Kane

Made a short and first of the season visit to one of my honey holes. It is mostly large piles of regional riprap (a majority of it Dundee Fm). Although there isn't much of this specimen left in terms of the impression, the cephalon below the pygidium is throwing me. In this particular type of rock, I do find Proetus pygidia, which is why I'm leaning toward that as an ID. That being said, the border around the cephalon is making me second guess if it is perhaps a Dechenella. If I recall correctly, both species have a fairly distinct genal spine (but Proetus having a more blunted one).

scratch that... it just may be another plain old Elderedgeops rana

IMG_3060.JPG

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

I don't think this is a Rana Cephalon.

Maybe you'll find something here.

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

My first instinct was on the right track. E. Rana has no long genal spines like this (embarrassing that I could even think that for a moment given the hundreds of them I've collected - ugh), but I don't think it's Greenops. I'm going to say tentatively Pseudodechenella sp. until maybe @piranha can perhaps give an expert ID.

• I found this Informative 1

Thank you! - and this may be my first Basidechenella, too (despite how relatvely common they are. Just have to keep looking!).