Just received cp9361, have a couple ???

joshuajbelanger

So I've never used an air scribe before.  I've read everything in the forum about the cp9361, and I'll probably buy an Aro for detail work.  But, the instructions that came with this thing suck, I can barely read them. Really my question is about oil.  Where do I put the oil, how often, and what kind of oil do I use?  Thanks in advance!

-J

I use a couple of drops of air tool oil in the end of scribe where you plug in scribe to compressor.  It will work it's way up the hose. Worked well for me so far. Good luck, let's see some pics of your work

2 hours ago, aerogrower said:

I use a couple of drops of air tool oil in the end of scribe where you plug in scribe to compressor.  It will work it's way up the hose. Worked well for me so far. Good luck, let's see some pics of your work

This is what I do as well. 3 or 4 drops of tool oil for every 8-10 hours of use.

Im like most others.  about 3 drops at the end of the hose on the scribe about every 8 hours of use.   Also, I too have heard a lot about the PC9361.  Any way you can take a pic of the stylus for me?  Interested in seeing how the tip is?  I may be of some help?

RB

3 hours ago, RJB said:

Im like most others.  about 3 drops at the end of the hose on the scribe about every 8 hours of use.   Also, I too have heard a lot about the PC9361.  Any way you can take a pic of the stylus for me?  Interested in seeing how the tip is?  I may be of some help?

RB

The stock tip on the CP9361 is quite blunt. I find this to be great for bulk removal but horrid for getting anywhere near a fossil as it introduces much more stress on the specimen.

147-P054177.JPG

Lol!  Good!  I'm ready to bring the pain to all this limestone!

IMG_2481.JPG

42 minutes ago, Ptychodus04 said:

What kind of scribe is this? It looks like an Aro with a longer front end.

Yea it's a modified Aro that you can buy here in the UK.

Archived