Phytosaur Prep

Ptychodus04

14 hours ago, StevenJDennis said:

@-Andy- helped me out a bunch with this purchase.  :fistbump:

Glad to have helped @StevenJDennis

I have an awesome plesiosaur jaw sitting in my cabinet thanks to you too.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

• 1 year later...

Hi guys! I'm working on doing an appraisal of a Phytosaur skull, for a museum, and looking for previous comparative sales to establish a market value. Can you tell me where this specimen is from and approximately was price was paid for it? How many hours of prep went into it? You can PM if you prefer this to be private. Thanks! 

36 minutes ago, raptorman88 said:

Hi guys! I'm working on doing an appraisal of a Phytosaur skull, for a museum, and looking for previous comparative sales to establish a market value. Can you tell me where this specimen is from and approximately was price was paid for it? How many hours of prep went into it? You can PM if you prefer this to be private. Thanks! 

Welcome to the Forum. :)

Unfortunately, the Fossil Forum doesn't do appraisals or valuations on fossils. :(  

Your best bet is to look at online retail sites and auction sites for similar fossils and get an idea what they are going for that way. 

The OP of this thread was prepping the skull for a client of his. 
Kind regards, 

Tim

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

6 hours ago, raptorman88 said:

I don’t mind telling you how long it took since the info is on the previous page. :P

I spent 29 hours on it.