Post a pic of your work station

joshuajbelanger

I'm just curious to see what all your pros are working with.  My station is pretty much complete, I have a limited area in south tampa.  I've seen a lot of the air abrasion boxes, and I'm curious, what's the point?  Why not just use a full face APR, gloves, and call it a day?  Anyway, SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT!

IMG_2493.PNG

A full face mask will protect you, but unless you work outdoors, you will have an inch of fine dust all over everything in the space if you don't use a work station with dust collection sysytem.

IMG_0922.jpg

My Work Space: 

IMG_3247-2.jpg     IMG_3248-2.jpg     

IMG_3252-2.jpg   IMG_3251-2.jpg

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

"Ye olde fossil shed" - how cool is that! Nice little fossil cave you've got there, Tim.:dinothumb:

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

25 minutes ago, Kane said:

"Ye olde fossil shed" - how cool is that! Nice little fossil cave you've got there, Tim.:dinothumb:

Thanks. :) 

Full disclosure: The sign was digitally added to the picture, ... but I do plan to get something either painted or carved up there. ;) 

Maybe something like this:

IMG_3247-3.jpg

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

2 minutes ago, RJB said:

I wish I could be as clean, organized and tidy as Tim, but that's not gunna happen. 

Haha... Ron - that is after a total clean out - It looks nothing like that, now. ;) 

Sweet setup, Ron (and I noticed the pack of Marlboros and the can of Bud :D )

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

My station is minimalist due to the fact that I only get 1/3 of a 2 car garage for all my prepping, metalwork, and camping gear!

I do my abrasive work outside only because I have never gotten around to building a box and a good dust collection system.

IMG_4234.JPG

The astute viewer will note that the appearance of Kris' work area is greatly enhanced by the presence of that lissome Notogoneous.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

Very nice Roger!!!!!!... I could only wish to be allocated so much space from the "One That Must Be Obeyed"

and why am i thinking "MANCAVE?":D

Tim,Rog,on a more serious note: both workspaces are awesome.

Steelhead has a slightly more atmospheric workspace,in truth cave-like

14 hours ago, snolly50 said:

The astute viewer will note that the appearance of Kris' work area is greatly enhanced by the presence of that lissome Notogoneous.

Unfortunately, as of Friday the old girl (I started calling her Erin Snollyvich :P) no longer graces my prep station.

It is sad but much roomier now.

21 hours ago, Malcolmt said:

Very nice Roger!!!!!!... I could only wish to be allocated so much space from the "One That Must Be Obeyed"

Used to be a conservatory before I got hold of it.

10 hours ago, RJB said:

Wow Roger!  Your prep lab is spotless!!!  

RB

Don't be mislead. I took those photos a couple of years ago just after I'd moved in and set up. Nowadays it looks more normal with lots of dust, scree piles and stuff.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Hi,

I don't believe you Roger, I would want to see ! haha.gif

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

21 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

Nowadays it looks more normal with lots of dust, scree piles and stuff.

Yeah, what Coco said.

I want to see it in all of it's glory!

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

23 hours ago, Coco said:

Hi,

I don't believe you Roger, I would want to see ! haha.gif

Coco

2 hours ago, ynot said:

Yeah, what Coco said.

I want to see it in all of it's glory!

C'mon you guys. You'll have to wait for a while, since I've just run out of things to prep and I actually cleaned up the shop today. I'm hoping to get out tomorrow, so maybe it'll start getting messy again soon.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

This is very inspirational.  Not so much that I will take a broom to my workshop. I cut rocks.

I see some pretty nice set ups here, including at least one basement jack.  I had them in my lab when i rented a house.  I just moved and am building a new lab in the garage.  Pix to follow, I hope. 

As for air abrasion.... Get a dust collector and build a cabinet.  You won't regret it.  I live in wyoming and if i had to sandblast outside i would either freeze, blow aay or be limited to the few months that are conducive to colecting. 

Well here is my pit compared to all those nice clean and tidy set ups. In my defence I have only just moved into the house and that has taken priority over setting myself up properly. Hopefully in a few months things will be tidy and organised.

The compressor is boxed on the left and usually the tubs and wood are not there so that is my temp workbench. I am going to make a prep box for the table in front and get myself an abrader.

But at least I can prep stuff and have fun.  

shed.thumb.JPG.d2a73f511fc90e07933b93e95b00a06f.JPG

Where are you Ichthyosaur.  

Cheers mate

Tons of Yorkshire and Dorset stuff in boxes under the table as well, I probably should let some go to be honest. :ammonite01:

When it is sorted out I should have a good shed for prepping in. (can't wait)

Gary

Where are you Ichthyosaur.  

Archived