Summerville S.c. Hunt With Bmorefossil, And Ozzyrules

sharkdentist

Well the day finally arrived Weds afternoon and I was off work and headed to Summerville S.C. to meet up with Bmorefossil who was coming down from Maryland, and Ozzyrules who was coming down from Lumberton N.C, and Svillej who was coming in from P.A.., Well after everyone arrived at my place it was around 8 p.m and too late to hunt so we showed fossils from our home states and got ready for the hunt in the morning. 7 A.M arrived off to the creeks we went we had a blast for 3 days of hunting and bmorefossil ended up with his biggest Megalodon of his life and some other nice finds I guess you will have to wait for his post. My finds were decent with several megs that range from 2 inches to 2 1/2 inches, three angustiden's that range 2 1/2 inches to 1 3/16th. I also was able to find a parotodus Benedini that was missing some root but still a awesome find, and a great white that was 1 1/2 inches that has the most amazing colors I ever seen. I saved the description for the best and the shammer of the day to last the best comes as a posterior Angustiden that was white in color and appeared to have been damanged close to the tip. The tooth was looked at real close and it was found that the tooth is pathological close to the tip and has all its serrations I just feel in love with this tooth. The shammer of the trip came with a Mako that messured in at two inches without any root that was missing, or this tooth could have been over 2 1/2 inches. Please check the photos out and look for bmorefossil's post. We finshed out the last night together with a nice steak dinner at one of the best steak houses in Summerville along with long time fossil hunter and recent speaker from the fossil festival in Aurora N.C Vance McCullough. Thanks Vance for all the stories after dinner. Thanks, sharkdentist

post-1253-1246227030_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1246227041_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1246227079_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1246227089_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1246227099_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1246227107_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1246227118_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1246227127_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1246227142_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1246227151_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1246227164_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1246227172_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1246227193_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1246227202_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1246241313_thumb.jpg

Nice SD, I just got back in town yesterday and went out for a little bit today. Found a few nice teeth, nothing to shout about. That land site we hit where you scored that big angie is back in business for us again.

Those teeth lok like the spot with the tennis courts....

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

Aeromike your right, dont forget about august the weekend of the 7,8,9 were we will be down for my birthday I checked the place were the big angy came from friday and saw that they were moving material around with dump trucks so we did not try it but it still looks good did you get anything good. thanks sharkdentist.

Well, they stopped pumping the pond so it is filled with water now. We got some heavy rain last night but as soon as I got there, there was fresh shoe prints all ove3r but the back gate is open again. I walked all over and found a really nice threasher but seemed to have re-lost it, LOL

I did find my biggest piece of stingray barb, it is as big around as your pinky finger, just huge!

I should be out there in August, and also, remember the other land site near Richardson? went over there today too and found a really nice complete upper Mako a little over and inch and it is a nice buttery-orange color.

take care, we'll get together and do some huntin'!!!!

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

Very nice finds there. You get a lot more variety of colors of teeth

your way.

Is the gray tooth the parotodus Benedini then?

Will be looking for bmore's giant tooth.

Welcome to the forum!

Very nice finds there. You get a lot more variety of colors of teeth

your way.

Is the gray tooth the parotodus Benedini then?

Will be looking for bmore's giant tooth.

yea the gray tooth is the benedini the root has been broken off at sometime but I am still happy with the beni this is the 6th beni that has come from this location.

Nice finds glad to hear Bmore is haveing a good trip will look for his post

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Great finds! Will have to get down there someday! :)

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Great report; I'd sure like to make one of these meet-ups and enjoy the fine company!

I have hunted with bmore, and am not surprised that the only pics of him are when he's either eating or confined in a car; otherwise he's non-stop!

Particular congrats on the Angy and the Beni!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Great report; I'd sure like to make one of these meet-ups and enjoy the fine company!

I have hunted with bmore, and am not surprised that the only pics of him are when he's either eating or confined in a car; otherwise he's non-stop!

Particular congrats on the Angy and the Beni!

HAHAHAHAHAHA, yes when Bmore is fossil hunting he is a man on a mission! He is fast, efficient , and one lucky bum :D has the eyes of an eagle and the speed of a jack rabbit. :)

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

HAHAHAHAHAHA, yes when Bmore is fossil hunting he is a man on a mission! He is fast, efficient , and one lucky bum :D has the eyes of an eagle and the speed of a jack rabbit. :)

He did do real well I can not wait for you guys to see the great white he found it is awesome........

Awesome finds guy!! Glad ya'll all had fun! I'm leaving tomorrow for my hunting trip up that way. Wish me luck!!

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

ill get pictures tomorrow and make a trip report but Shark found that gw right where i was looking 1 second ago and it was sitting right on top, he has a ton of skill i may never have

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

Those look great and I can't wait to see more pics! Sounds like a really sweet trip too, makes me wish I was still living back East.

bug.gif

Hey sd,looks like you guys had a great 3 days of hunting. it looks like everyone came away with some nice finds.

Hey sd,looks like you guys had a great 3 days of hunting. it looks like everyone came away with some nice finds.

yea we all did, i was the only one not to find a benedeni, but there is always next time!

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

yea we all did, i was the only one not to find a benedeni, but there is always next time!

bmore we will work on that so maybe in august you will get lucky

Excellent report sharkdentist! While reading it I felt like I was there with you all! Love the great white tooth and the mammal tooth! Is that a deer tooth?

Kevin Wilson

Excellent report sharkdentist! While reading it I felt like I was there with you all! Love the great white tooth and the mammal tooth! Is that a deer tooth?

fatboy that is a horse of course lol

post-1253-1246564525_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1246564538_thumb.jpg