Tooth Fragment

Shellseeker

An interesting day. I was at the general area of the Peace River where Jeff & others are leading a TFF field trip on Saturday April 15th. I was digging in an area which would primarily produce small shark teeth but there is always the opportunity to find something unusual. In a shortened day , I found 100 plus shark teeth including 3 lower hemi around 1.5 inches and a number of large lemon and tiger shark teeth.

At the end of the day, Sacha came by and we discussed the river and finds of the day.  It is always good to connect with TFF members while hunting.

At first I had no clue on what this tooth fragment (enamel) came from but now I think I know. I also thought it was complete.  I have added a brown filter because it seems to best show details. This tooth is actually black. Size=12x19x22 mm  Looking for other opinions.

ToothFrag1enh.thumb.jpg.bb7898ff1dfa7ef473baf74044d1d169.jpgToothFrag3enh.thumb.jpg.0f14f3f8bc9dde7cc503a68c17aac247.jpg

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Looks like maybe 1/2 an unerupted  tapir crown to me Jack: ) btw will you be able to make it out there next Saturday, I know you mostly hunt while I'm stuck at work lol!

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

2 hours ago, jcbshark said:

Looks like maybe 1/2 an unerupted  tapir crown to me Jack: ) btw will you be able to make it out there next Saturday, I know you mostly hunt while I'm stuck at work lol!

The fossil gods conspire. I got relatives to host. We should just set a date. I am going out 2-3 times a week. On this tooth, it is mighty small but I am thinking it is a version of the right side of this photo... I do not see the break, but maybe just one tower,  Good hunting out there

Mastodon2Cups.thumb.jpg.bbe70b0bdd1c28fae69086fc953f135e.jpg

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"