New Calymene Trilobite

Got Bones?

Trilobite from the Tiskaouine Alnif area , Atlas Mountains, Morocco. (purchased from trusted dealer)

IMG_3059.JPG

IMG_3061.JPG

:hammer01::mammoth::trex: Troy Niler, amateur fossil & mineral/artifact collector:meg::bone::trilo:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is exactly the same specimen that you posted in Collections and called Calymene blumenbachii from Wren's Nest, Dudley. The specimen cannot be from both Dudley and Morocco.

The "Collections" section of the Fossil Forum is supposed to be used to create a reference collection of photos of well documented fossils that people can use to help ID their own specimens.  Adding misidentified photos to the database will only generate confusion amongst people trying to use the database in the intended way.  The name of the specimen shown in "Collections" has been corrected, but all the associated locality, age, and geological data is still wrong.

Don

12 minutes ago, FossilDAWG said:

This is exactly the same specimen that you posted in Collections and called Calymene blumenbachii from Wren's Nest, Dudley. The specimen cannot be from both Dudley and Morocco.

The "Collections" section of the Fossil Forum is supposed to be used to create a reference collection of photos of well documented fossils that people can use to help ID their own specimens.  Adding misidentified photos to the database will only generate confusion amongst people trying to use the database in the intended way.  The name of the specimen shown in "Collections" has been corrected, but all the associated locality, age, and geological data is still wrong.

Don

I am so very sorry about this mix-up, I guess I didn't quite notice the difference. I'm not to familiar with prehistoric sea life, I hope the problems with the trilobite in collections can be fixed. Could you please tell me what type of trilobite it really is so I can fixed the errors in the collections page? Thanks,

:hammer01::mammoth::trex: Troy Niler, amateur fossil & mineral/artifact collector:meg::bone::trilo:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 hours ago, Troy Niler said:

I am so very sorry about this mix-up, I guess I didn't quite notice the difference. I'm not to familiar with prehistoric sea life, I hope the problems with the trilobite in collections can be fixed. Could you please tell me what type of trilobite it really is so I can fixed the errors in the collections page? Thanks,

You might hold off on putting anything into the Collections area until you have a handle on where your fossils are from,... specifically. 

The collections area is intended as a place where people can see great specimens that have as much relevant information as possible, and to be used as a tool for identification. Pictures are held to a higher standard, and we require you have as much stratigraphic information as possible.

You could always just start a Gallery of your own under the Gallery area. ;) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe the Collections area should be called 'Identification Guide' - I was confused about the intent myself when I started to post things there.

Archived