cluster of many beings

pambosk

Calcareous Serpulid worm tubes. :) 

Have a look at this website.

Regards,

• I found this Informative 2

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

So is somebody going to summarize the difference between vermetid gastropod and serpulid worm tubes....?

wow my eyes popped out

Thanks for the info, 

Petaloconchus intortus : is a species of sea snail, a marine gastropod mollusk in the family Vermetidae, the worm snails or worm shells. 

These snails usually grow cemented onto a hard surface, or cemented together in colonies.

From the Moni formation, it is possible to have been a bit further. 

I ll post my rest of the Vermetidae, or at least suspected ones here as soon as possible. Just to have them placed in a labeled container at long last 

1 hour ago, westcoast said:

So is somebody going to summarize the difference between vermetid gastropod and serpulid worm tubes....?

I believe the answer is : The most obvious difference is that serpulid shells are dull inside, whereas the molluscan vermetid shells are shiny inside.

They could be very tricky.

If your specimen has a 10cm width, the average diameter of the tubes (adult stage) is around 0.8cm, which I think could be loo large for serpulid worm tubes, so I'm inclined to believe they are worm snails (vermetids).

SerpulidsPecten.thumb.JPG.32141bd79eb59aa220fca02cd6f5ada8.JPG

Pecten sp. with serpulid worm encrusters; Duck Harbor Beach on Cape Cod Bay, Wellfleet, Massachusetts.

By Wilson44691 at English Wikipedia - Photograph taken by Mark A. Wilson (Department of Geology, The College of Wooster). [1], Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=3801570

• I found this Informative 1

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library