Diplodocus tail

mjs1951ok

If you're going to post enviable eye candy like that, you should at least tell us the story behind it! Details!

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

Fair enough. The tail was uncovered at our dig site in northern Wyoming in 2016. The formation is Morrison. The tail shows what we believe is evidence of predation. This tail was recovered from the same site that produced Sophie, the stegosaurus currently on display at the London Museum of Natural History.

Edited by mjs1951ok
  • I found this Informative 1

1 hour ago, mjs1951ok said:

Fair enough. The tail was uncovered at our dig site in northern Wyoming in 2016. The formation is Morrison. The tail shows what we believe is evidence of predation. This tail was recovered from the same site that produced Sophie, the stegosaurus currently on display at the London Museum of Natural History.

Is it with you in Oklahoma where I can come see it? :P How did you go on the dig? 

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."

I have an ownership interest in the dig. The tail is currently in our prep labs in Chicago.

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe" - Saint Augustine

"Those who can not see past their own nose deserve our pity more than anything else."

Welcome to the Forum. :) 

Wonderful pictures, and find.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Beautiful thanks for showing it.  I like seeing it the vertebrae close up.  Curious why is this specimen is being shown since we have not seen other material from the digsite.  I've purchased a bunch of material off of Terry and love to see the items she posts on the website.  This is much better. 

• I found this Informative 1

Welcome to TFF!

What a grand find. I always wanted a string of bones from one of the Jurassic sauropods.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

17 hours ago, mjs1951ok said:

I have an ownership interest in the dig. The tail is currently in our prep labs in Chicago.

Ownership? Jealous :P Super neat to see these; you'll have to post updates :)