One Dang Sticky Crab !!!

RJB

10 minutes ago, 6ix said:

Well done RJB - a real beauty!

Nice to see you on here again 6ix.

Been on any more trips to Tumido land?

Ron

I was fortunate to take my kid up to WA last month and find a number of crab nodules, with expert guidance.  Some didn't give clear orientation of presence or orientation of the crab, so I smacked them all open, drew a crab on top to show orientation, and superglued them back together.  I don't have time or patience to blindly scribe them all, with no guarantees. I only trashed one out of 30 by busting them open. One big one has the potential to be as nice as the one you posted....pending quality of my workmanship....and stickiness.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Hey guys, only been out a couple of times - we had a wee shakey shakey about 6 months ago, followed by two cyclones(!) so the hunting ground has changed quite a bit.

Havent had much success but truth be told thats not a bad thing as I have more concretions on the go that I have time to do, and its just too darn cold in the garage at the moment.

In fact this is about my only new one of note this year... found it last weekend.  I have a few days up near Oaro so may may bring back something different.

IMG_9486 (Large).JPG

IMG_9485 (Large).JPG

IMG_9403 (Large).JPG

@Uncle Siphuncle.   Hey Dan, I heard about your trip while talking with my buddy over there.  As you found out, he's one heck of a nice guy.   Would love to see some of your prep jobs on those baby's. 

RB

Hey 6ix.  We too got some shakey shakey just a few days ago and another good aftershock 2 days ago.  The scary thing is that we can actually hear it coming first!  

RB

14 minutes ago, RJB said:

@Uncle Siphuncle.   Hey Dan, I heard about your trip while talking with my buddy over there.  As you found out, he's one heck of a nice guy.   Would love to see some of your prep jobs on those baby's. 

RB

Indeed you will, Ron.  Hope they aren't sticky!  Found some nice Pulalius and smaller crabs in the Lincoln Creek, plus some Megokkos, then I collected with Skippy in the Great White North.  Weston and I only had time for one site up there, and found some cool ammos, but I did a trade with Skippy that netted me 3 nice unprepped Longuscorbis (I think???).  All these, combined with some Texas crab finds, should keep me busily scribing away my lunch hours for quite some time!  But pix will come.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Hey @Uncle Siphuncle, would be very interesting to see what 'smaller' crabs you found?   Gotta be careful with those megokkos, they can be very disarticulate and have some very soft shell, and the same with the Longusorbis.  I have to do what I call,  'stop and glue' many many many times while prepping to save what shell material i can.  good luck man

Ron

• I found this Informative 1