Can you identify this shark tooth?

Got Bones?

Hello TTF members! I have recently purchased a supposed "baby megladon" tooth at a pawn shop but I know it was an all-out scam for tourists. The reason I bought the tooth was because of its sheer size compared to the other shark teeth there, and because sadly it was the only real one I could identify. I'm guessing it came from a shark in the Otodus (Am I saying that right?) genus. I also purchased a few other teeth, but I don't feel any need to identify them because they are all mixed fragments.

IMG_3027.JPG

The shape of the tooth resembles a mako. But I can't tall if those are serrations on the blade or if it is just really beat up. Can you take a better close up?

2 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

The shape of the tooth resembles a mako. But I can't tall if those are serrations on the blade or if it is just really beat up. Can you take a better close up?

Here's a better picture:

IMG_3028.JPG

Looks like a Moroccan Otodus to me

• I found this Informative 1
9 minutes ago, -AnThOnY- said:

Thank you for the helpful information!

:meg:

sixgill pete
1 hour ago, -AnThOnY- said:

@-AnThOnY-  what makes you say this partial tooth is a Moroccan otodus? To me the tooth is really to broken to give a positive ID. The color of it? 

I personally think it could be a very beat up meg. I think i see a hint of a bourlette. While there are no obvious serrations, the overall damage to the tooth could be masking them. Also the photo does not enlarge well so a better picture could help.

@Got Bones? good quality pics from all angles could help in possibly help in  ID'ing this. Front, back and from the side (profile). 

• I found this Informative 1

Just the provenance of it all, those Moroccan teeth are all over in gift shops. I'm basically just basing that on: color, shape, and a pawn shop near San Antonio.