Virginia and Maryland Fossils

Kris D

Found this yesterday at Brownie Beach, Maryland.  I know it's from a Cow Shark, but I'm not sure about the specific kind.  Any ideas?

BrownieBeachApr2017.jpg

Troodon, Thank you very much.  I was really excited to find it.  I had no idea what it was until I started Googling on my way back home.  We found a lot of teeth yesterday, but none compares to this one.  What it lacks in size, it makes up for in beauty. 

@Kris D welcome to the fossil forum from a fellow Marylander. That's a beautiful find! Keep it up!

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Excellent find, Congrats:1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

@RickNC...I didn't know how common this kind of tooth might be.  I haven't been at this for very long and have almost no knowledge.   But it's nice to know that it was a good find.  It FELT like something special.

Thanks to everyone responding here.  What a nice bunch of people you are!!

10 hours ago, Kris D said:

@RickNC...I didn't know how common this kind of tooth might be.  I haven't been at this for very long and have almost no knowledge.   But it's nice to know that it was a good find.  It FELT like something special.

Thanks to everyone responding here.  What a nice bunch of people you are!!

In my experience cow shark teeth are not all that common. To find a symphyseal tooth is extra special.