Ohio vs. Pennsylvania

Trevor

Hello fellow forum members, it's Trevor. I am deciding between attending two different colleges, one is near Cleveland, Ohio and the other is near Lewisberg, PA. Fossiling is a large part of my decision. I already know some fern sites in PA and PA is closer to Maryland and Jersey so that's a plus. Can anyone tell me the fossil situation of Ohio or surrounding areas.

: )

Well this is a new one for me. I have never heard of someone choosing which college to go to, based on what fossil sites are close by , Lol. Sorry I don't have information to help you out but good luck in your endeavors

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Pretty much the entire state contains fossil-bearing strata. It is better exposed in the SW part of the state and the Allegheny hills of the eastern half.

preservation of marine fossils is better in Ohio because it didn't get twisted, bent and folded like the eastern appalachians. Most PA marine fossils, at least in the eastern part of the state are casts and molds. Proximity to Mesozoic and Cenozoic sites would be a plus for Lewisburg but it would still be a long ride. Lewisburg area itself has good fossil sites.