Friends In Low Places

bmorefossil

well after graduation i decided that i wanted to go on a fossiling trip, not one to the cliffs but one where i can relax, crash with some cool guys and work for the fossils. Herbie was the first to say anything and since he finds some great fossil i knew it was what i wanted to do. So I drove 8 hours to SC in search of some great fossils. The ride down was wonderful, but being such a long drive I became more and more anxious to find some teeth.

Day 1: The first day was more of a look around day, we hit a bunch of different spots which im not use to being that here in Maryland you got the bay or the rivers to look at so I knew it was going to be a whole different ball game. It was pretty cool walking the land sites down there, much like my trip into PCS where a big tooth could be sitting there waiting for you to find but all I found were a few broken teeth one would have been about 3" but just being able to walk around and find teeth got the blood pumping. (That and the heat) After we walked a few sites and Herbie found a great white that I walked right over, we got to work in a stream and right off the bat I found something. I looked down in my screan and in there was a beautiful arrow head. I couldnt beleive that on my first try I actually found something. After that I was finding smaller teeth and broken teeth but in one of my last few screens was a squalodon molar! Sadly the root lobes are broken but it seems to be an easy fix so ill send it off to be repaired. Now Herbie and Jason had no idea why I wasnt jumping with joy, so I told them that im in the zone and I dont show emotion. That would change on day 2.

Day 2: We went back to the stream and I was sent back to the truck for the bug spray because the mosquitoes where horrible! So we put the spray on and I took my sandles off becuase im CRAZY like that. It only took me one screen to find a nice sized tooth, a 2 3/4" meg. So I had to hear from them how they put it in my basket when I turned my head which made me laugh. We were finding the usual stuff and then i found her, a 4 1/4" meg. I had finally found a tooth over 4", I didnt even get it into the screen before I saw it. Now I was on cloud 9 I was jumping around and had a grin from ear to ear for the rest of the day to bad I really didnt find anything else the rest of the day.

Day 3: My final day, I didnt think I would top day 2 and I had already found my big tooth so I was set, I was finding some nice angys and i was feeling with my bare feet where the gravel was but then I felt something toothed shape so I took a scoop of the gravel and it ended up being a 2 1/4" great white! My first complete great white and its pretty cool. We didnt stay to long because Herbie had to leave so I left the house around 1 and this is where my trip goes bad.... Car troubles again, it took me 9 hours to get home and my check engine light was on the whole time, but over all it was one heck of a trip!!! I would like to thank Sharkdentist for the trip, its not to often you meet nice respectable fossil hunters that will share their secret locations with you.

post-1554-1246316349_thumb.jpg

post-1554-1246316358_thumb.jpg

post-1554-1246316364_thumb.jpg

post-1554-1246316369_thumb.jpg

post-1554-1246316375_thumb.jpg

post-1554-1246316384_thumb.jpg

post-1554-1246316391_thumb.jpg

post-1554-1246316398_thumb.jpg

post-1554-1246316405_thumb.jpg

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

Goodness, that's just plain awesome, great finds and I'm glad ya had a great time! :D:):P Beautiful meg by the way! ;)

Wow, what a cool vacation and no better way than to find more fossils.

Some very good finds and your huge meg is beautiful! :D

Welcome to the forum!

GOOD LORD! now you went and done it. You even got a pic of SD too! Sounds like you had a good trip. I like the low velvet sheen the teeth have coming out of that creek. I went there Sunday and found a few teeth and scored a nice upper mako land find too.

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

Who woulda' thunk that a trip to the dentist could be so much fun!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

did you see i even caught him brushing teeth?

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

I'm happy for you. :D You made waaay above average finds for your first time there. When's the return trip?

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

:rofl::rofl:

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Congrats Bmore! Nice finds.

Barefoot left today for your hood, so you better go hunt with her. :D

bmore,

just wanted to say you did a great job with your finds for your 1st time down to the low country of SouthCarolina.

now if I can do the same when I come up to hunt the cliffs lol. Just wait til you come down in August and we hit the river thats a whole new ballgame lol.

post-1253-1246320948_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1246320957_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1246320969_thumb.jpg

bmore,

just wanted to say you did a great job with your finds for your 1st time down to the low country of SouthCarolina.

now if I can do the same when I come up to hunt the cliffs lol. Just wait til you come down in August and we hit the river thats a whole new ballgame lol.

haha the pictures turned out great

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

Congrats Bmore! Nice finds.

Barefoot left today for your hood, so you better go hunt with her. :D

yea i heard that i was going to try and hook up with her but i dont have her number or anything so maybe someone can give it to me. B)

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

Awesome finds Bmore, as always :D Keep them coming :) That must have been some drive!

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

well we all know one thing.... bmore is never skunked! glad you had a good time down there in meg-mecca.

---Wie Wasser schleift den Stein, wir steigen und fallen---

Words fail me bmore.....

I have yet to find a point while fossil hunting.

Nice trip / haul!!!

WOW!!!!

-Brad

Congratulations on graduating for finding such good teeth and getting to meet another collector all while making a trip to see if you can go and clean your teeth.

Kevin Goto, Lafayette,CA.