Dolichoharpes reticulata

minnbuckeye

2 hours ago, DevonianDigger said:

Man, just now seeing this guy. What a killer piece. I could only dream of finding something like this, and Ben did a crazy good job of prepping it. I would not have dared to take that task on myself. That clan sure know their way around bugs! Kudos to everyone involved in this beauty!

Jay, I have been meaning to contact you. Did you receive that partial Dolichoharpes reticulate in my shipment? The reason I ask, I found what I thought I shipped you underneath my work bench. If you did not receive a partial, I will mail it out. @DevonianDigger

@caldigger, when I found the trilobite, I assumed that was attached to it. I believe it was a  spine of another species, cerarus. Pic from the internet, not mine.JAT020B.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Unbelievable! :wub:

And thanks for sharing it with us here and on my current little thread. :)

There's hope for us all................. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

On 4/15/2017 at 7:42 AM, minnbuckeye said:

had the thrill of visiting the prep shop one winter's day when in Cincinnati, Oh. The samples they had on their shelves waiting to prep were unbelievable. You could tell they were great at what they did.

What a fantastic find and prep, but completely expected due to who you took it to for prepping. Those guys are incredible.

I had the opportunity to visit this prep shop  a few years back. It is truly an experience.

Below is my "report" on the visit that I put on TFF.

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/37083-trilobites-of-america/&tab=comments#comment-408758

On 7/12/2018 at 10:43 PM, minnbuckeye said:

Jay, I have been meaning to contact you. Did you receive that partial Dolichoharpes reticulate in my shipment? The reason I ask, I found what I thought I shipped you underneath my work bench. If you did not receive a partial, I will mail it out. @DevonianDigger

Showed up today! You really didn't have to send out another package just for that, but thank you!!! Another one checked off the list! (Brings me to 87... still missing a few species out of the 30,000+)

Jay A. Wollin

Lead Fossil Educator - Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve

Hamburg, New York, USA

47 minutes ago, DevonianDigger said:

... still missing a few species out of the 30,000+)

At the time of GSA 2013 there were only 20,928 valid species.  Luckily, you don't have to work that hard to get them all... :faint::P

• I found this Informative 2

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

24 minutes ago, DevonianDigger said:

Another one checked off the list! (Brings me to 87... still missing a few species out of the 30,000+)

I guess it is slightly more rewarding than Pokemon. :P:D 

• I found this Informative 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer