First fossils in my collection..

Hat

I used to have some fossils when I was younger, but they've all been lost to time.

Just purchases these from some highly rated sellers online. I like them for different reasons. Any opinions? They were cheap. The plant was $4.50 and the Trilobite was $13 (it's just 3/4 of an inch). The fern is about 2 x 2 1/2 inches. What do you think of them? It's a Cambrian trilobite btw.

$_1 (4).JPG

$_1 (5).JPG

$_1 (1).JPG

$_1 (2).JPG

$_1 (3).JPG

What can you tell us about them? (ie. age/location of the fern - I know the origin of the trilo piece: Utah)

The trilo looks to have some sort of glossy coating, which I would not want on my specimens, but if you like it, the price seems OK for a specimen with 2 kinds of bug, if only partials.

Most of us have similar beginnings. Where you go from here and how long is the difference. Researching books and joining clubs accelerates growth, experience and a collection fast. 

Happy Hunting!

7 hours ago, Wrangellian said:

What can you tell us about them? (ie. age/location of the fern - I know the origin of the trilo piece: Utah)

The trilo looks to have some sort of glossy coating, which I would not want on my specimens, but if you like it, the price seems OK for a specimen with 2 kinds of bug, if only partials.

The trilobite is Elrathia kingii. The little broken bugs are Peronopsis (not sure what species) and the fern - all I know is it's from the Pennsylvanian.

I think they are a good start to a new collection!:)

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Archived