Cleaned up a rather nice orbitoplax weaveri

RJB

Again, my wife brings me a crab and tells me that I brought it into the house a few years ago?  Apparently I forgot about it.  Anyways I looked at it and realized that I had prepped it out many years ago and could easily see that it need some serious clean-up!   Took me just over 3 hours to clean it up but it sure came out quite nice for this species of crab!  Amazes me how patience now later in my life can do a better prep job.  It was a 6 legger with no tippy tippys and now is a 7 legger with 3 tippy tippys.  Quite nice!  These are not easy to prep and this one is much better than most.  Usually the shell material wants to come off.  This one, the shell material stayed on.  Just a really cool crab.  This crab is Orbitoplax weaver, comes from Oregon and is Eocene in age.  Im quite happy with this one now.  Get a load of the eye stalks!!!   Wow!!!    Oh, and thanks to Aerogrower for the cube with the letter W.   weaver. 

RB

DSCN0910.JPG

Thanks fella's.  I just realized, sittin here at 4:20 in the morning, that this crab is the same one in my avitar.  ha!!!

RB

12 hours ago, RJB said:

Thanks fella's.  I just realized, sittin here at 4:20 in the morning, that this crab is the same one in my avitar.  ha!!!

RB

Then, It's time for an updated photo. :P

On 4/21/2017 at 4:29 AM, RJB said:

I would not know how to change it?

RB

Go to Your profile page. There is a icon on the lower left of the avatar picture, click it. This will give a page to change the avatar.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Archived