Max-fossils

Thanks for clicking this topic, because I really need your help! 

I have here several clams (14 in total) that I urgently need to get rid off! They're taking up way too much space in my collection...

Here is all the info about them:

• Mactra plistoneerlandica

• Clam

• Zandmotor, Netherlands

• Pleistocene; 100'000 y

All are in good condition. 

What you have to send back to me? Easy: anything you want (as long as it's still a recognizable fossil). For me, those shells have no value, because I find plenty of them at my usual hunting location, but for someone in the US or in Asia, it might be interesting for you. I'd put the value of those at about 3 or 4 $, so if you have any fossil/fossils of low value that you have to get rid off, I'd be glad to hear from you. Only things that I do not want: bull/dusky shark teeth, lemon shark teeth, clams/cockles. Anything else is fine. 

Oh, and if you only want to get one or two clams and not the whole package,that's fine too. 

By the way, two of them have a small hole in them, so if you are into jewelry making, you might like those. 

Please help me get rid of the shells asap!

Best regards and happy Easter,

Max

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

The two holes I was a talking about:

image.jpeg

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

5 hours ago, caldigger said:

Holes are a result from a hungry gastropod no doubt.

Yes, I know, most probably made by a necklace shell (Euspira catena). Quite interesting how they can bore such a perfect hole in a hard shell.

Please tell me that you are interested in the trade?

Max Derème