Full Turtle/tortoise shell?

Jonelle

Hey guys it has been a while since I've been on here, but I started trying to D all of the fossils I put away a few months back..I *think* this is almost a full shell?   Found in Sarasota, FL..It is about 5in x 6in.. at first I thought it may have been a hunk of phosphate so I put it away in a bucket with some other fossils for later ID.. pulled them out yesterday and fell with the bucket... this landed in front of me and I couldn't help but notice it really looks like some details are still there! Any thoughts?  :) Two views of the top and one from the bottom... thanks....

IMG_1249.JPG

IMG_1250.JPG

IMG_1251.JPG

Sorry, not a turtle. :unsure: 

Looks like a septarian nodule or dessication cracks, to me. 

Regards, 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

On a turtle or tortoise shell, the patterns of shell plates is more uniform and structured. I agree with the others, this is geological.

• I found this Informative 1

Okay thanks all not to be a pain but what kind of rock is it ? What are the best resources for research on this? I found it in some recently dug land out east in Sarasota, FL... my other finds ranged from megladon teeth, dugong rib bones, and possiblely a bunch of rocks that I can't identify... any information on where to find out what these are would be greatly appreciated! I have a range of rocks that are very strange and oddly colored.. TIA

5 minutes ago, Seve78 said:

On a turtle or tortoise shell, the patterns of shell plates is more uniform and structured. I agree with the others, this is geological.

19 minutes ago, LordTrilobite said:

Looks geogic to me. Not any type of animal fossil.

22 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

Sorry, not a turtle. :unsure: 

Looks like a septarian nodule or dessication cracks, to me. 

Regards, 

The holes on one side make me think ignious rock, maybe do a scratch test and compare with other rocks that occur in that area.