Monmouth County Cretaceous IDs' needed

frankh8147

Hi,

At first, your sea urchin is an internal mold, what complicates things to give a good identification.

On the other hand, the bivium (to the left) and the trivium (to the right) look separated, it is thus necessary to look for a species showing these characteristics, what has to decrease the possibilities a lot.

2wp2d1t.jpg

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

from an old list for the Wenonah at Big Brook. the names may have been changed/corrected since 1990

Placenticeras syrtale, Menuites complexus, Baculites scotti?, Nostoceras sp, Didymoceras sp., Trachyscaphites pulcherrimus.

Ralph Johnson, The Paleontological Information Society and Service, 1990, Volume 1, #4, Special Publication 3

• I found this Informative 1

I too should refrain from relying too much on aging memory neurons.  I'm quite sure about the Merchantville, but now that I think about it I'm less so about the Mt. Laurel.  There is a diverse ammonite fauna reported from Big's Farm (I think that was the name) on the south side of the canal, but I'm not sure it included Placenticeras.

Kennedy and coworkers have synonymized a number of Placenticeras species with P. syrtalis, including P. guadeloupe and P. benningi, so the temporal range may be fairly large.

Don

• I found this Informative 2

14 hours ago, FossilDAWG said:

I too should refrain from relying too much on aging memory neurons.  I'm quite sure about the Merchantville, but now that I think about it I'm less so about the Mt. Laurel.  There is a diverse ammonite fauna reported from Big's Farm (I think that was the name) on the south side of the canal, but I'm not sure it included Placenticeras.

Kennedy and coworkers have synonymized a number of Placenticeras species with P. syrtalis, including P. guadeloupe and P. benningi, so the temporal range may be fairly large.

Don

I have a nice Bigg's Farm collection (traded from Ed Lauginiger) which includes a tiny heteromorph retaining a thin coating of nacreous shell. The rest of the fauna is completely leached of aragonitic shell. Am pretty sure the Delaware Geological survey has pubs describing the fauna.

• I found this Informative 2