What are some interesting paleozoic fossils I could buy?

Hat

I have a $25 ebay card. I want to buy 1 or 2 paleozoic fossils with it. But there are so many to choose from!

What kind of pre-dinosaur fossil would you buy with a $25 ebay card?

Thank you.

Why not talk to us? I know, by geographical circumstances, I only hunt the Paleozoic. What do you want? I am sure if you wanted something in particular, you could tap one of many TFF members who could help you out without going to eBay!

So, again, what are you looking for? We have a member-to-member trade section ;)

• I found this Informative 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

If you have an eBay gift card my guess is that you can only use it there.  My suggestion is to do a search under shark teeth and trilobites and see if anything strikes your interest.  eBay typically does not have a lot of Paleozoic shark teeth material for sale but lots of listing for trilobites. If you see something  you can post a picture of that specimen and get opinions from experts. 

Trilobites and Permian microfossils would be my suggestion. I know you can get some early amphibian material from the Permian of Oklahoma for fairly cheap :)

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

28 minutes ago, Kane said:

Why not talk to us? I know, by geographical circumstances, I only hunt the Paleozoic. What do you want? I am sure if you wanted something in particular, you could tap one of many TFF members who could help you out without going to eBay!

So, again, what are you looking for? We have a member-to-member trade section ;)

I know there's a trade thing here. It's an ebay gift card though. :wacko:

I've put a bunch of trilobites and crinoids and stuff on my watch list. It just seems that the more I look, the more often I see some type of fossil I've never seen before, and I'm "ooooo maybe one of those and one of these".

I just want to see what strange or beautiful fossils you folks might be able to turn me on to. :trilowalk:

It's hard to know what to search for exept something like "devonian fossil"

I

Just be very careful using any online auction site.  Positive feedback does not necessarily guarantee you an accurate ID or understanding what repairs or resto been done,  especially on Trilobites.  Best to post interest here first. 

Just now, Troodon said:

Just be very careful using any online auction site.  Positive feedback does not necessarily guarantee you an accurate ID or understanding what repairs or resto been done,  especially on Trilobites.  Best to post interest here first. 

Will do.

Maybe some Permian matrix? Those tend to be rich in amphibian and shark fossils. The best part is you get to sift through it and ID everything yourself so you're learning what you have. 

Or or maybe you could get some trilobites? Or some mazon creek nodules you could open yourself? Just some suggestions.

I am partial to the paleozoic fossils coming out of Bolivia. 

Lots of different things - conulariids, trilobites, gastropods, corals, brachiopods and crinoids. 

All affordable, as well. 

Good Luck. :) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Search ebay for "Elrathia" there are many to choose from in your price range.  

That is the best bet if you want a classic trilobite without any issues of fakery.

And it is Cambrian, an excellent place to start a collection of Paleozoic fossils.

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

Piranha said pretty much what I was going to say! For the amount you have to spend, you should be able to get a nice complete one, and not have to settle for one that's missing its cheeks. Some have better prep jobs than others, too, I should point out.

Another thing to consider that hasn't been mentioned yet is Pennsylvanian (Carboniferous) plant fossils. There are some gorgeous tree fern pieces out there (not necessarily out there on EBay right now, I'm more familiar with rock shows), often reasonably affordable.

3 minutes ago, Mediospirifer said:

Another thing to consider that hasn't been mentioned yet is Pennsylvanian (Carboniferous) plant fossils. There are some gorgeous tree fern pieces out there (not necessarily out there on EBay right now, I'm more familiar with rock shows), often reasonably affordable.

Get one for $4.50 last week.:dinothumb:

I may look though, to see what I could get for this price that's bigger. The leaves on mine are just about 3/4".

$_1 (4).JPG