dinodigger

Hey gang just posting a quick shot of an absolute monster maxillary fang from a very big Dimetrodon. Quarry has been yielded some incredible material. Removing a 10k pound block this weekend with a very nice skeleton. Will have some photos soon.

20170423_174105.jpg

Wow! Another great piece from that quarry! I keep throwing money at my screen, but nothing's happening, lol. Thanks for updating us, and very much looking forward to what comes out of that massive block o' rock! :dinothumb:

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Awesome find! I wish I could come out and hunt with you guys. Digging in the field for an actual dinosaur is on my bucket list, problem for me is they charge so much lol. Keep it up and I look forward to seeing the 10k pound block !!

2 hours ago, dinodigger said:

Hey gang just posting a quick shot of an absolute monster maxillary fang from a very big Dimetrodon. Quarry has been yielded some incredible material. Removing a 10k pound block this weekend with a very nice skeleton. Will have some photos soon.

Amazing tooth! Looking forward to seeing what is in the big block.

23 minutes ago, snakebite6769 said:

Digging in the field for an actual dinosaur

You would have to go somewhere else as this site is Permian and before dinosaurs.

And even though the toy Dino sets often include Dimetrodon they are not dinosaurs.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

20 hours ago, snakebite6769 said:

Still super cool :) 

It is definitely super cool... Dinosaurs are definitely pop culture's cash cow when it comes to the most recognizable "monster" in the world. I have a soft spot for the Permian and these incredible creatures that are essentially the first large land-walking animals. Without our finbacks, as well as the other odd characters that appeared a full 50 million or more years before the animals we call dinosaurs, we wouldn't have a lot of creatures we know today. The Permian is so very important. 

Yep, I'm definitely coming back again next year on my annual birthday week vacation! :D The Whiteside Museum blew my mind with just what you had in-house THIS year... I'd better bring extra socks next year, because I suspect mine will be knocked off!