Help with ID on small tube-like fossils or geological items from creek

mossyfern9564

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me ID these items I've been finding for about a year now in and by a local creek in Sullivan County, TN.   I've shown them to staff at the Nature Center of a nearby park and to various others who have an interest in such things, and no one has been able to say for sure what they are.  I've had theories from corals to beads to stalactites (helictites, actually) to burrow casts.  All are tube-like, all have holes through them (a few have one end closed, but not many) some have a bumpy, pebbly surface and some are smooth.  The biggest is 1 1/2 to 2 inches in length.  The area is known for Ordovician finds, and has a lot of caves and sinkholes.  I also find a lot of quartz crystals and small (< 1") geode-type rocks in this creek, and the occasional Woodland period artifact. There is an abundance of chert/flint, and unfinished knapped pieces aren't uncommon.  I'm anxious  to hear your theories and ideas.  Thanks much.20170426_140404.thumb.jpg.791d534f6785ecc7ad908a262612cd3c.jpg

Archived