Dromaeosauridae fossil teeth?

Seguidora-de-Isis

Hello! Good morning to all my friends from my favorite forum :D! Unfortunately my English is not very good, but I would like some help, please, for this fossilized tooth. I know there is no publication of any fossilized skull, and unfortunately it is rare to find publications on the fossils of Moroccan teeth ... But I believe this tooth does not fit with a Carcharodontosaurus. By the morphological characteristics, it fits more with a Dromaeosauridae family. What do you think? Hugs to all!

7260738211.png

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

@Troodon

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Agreed your tooth does not appear to be a Carcharodontosaurid but we don't have comparative material for juvenile ones.   Is this specimen from Morocco's Kem Kem deposits and what size is it?  Can you take a closeup picture of the distal serrations.

Serration count is one characteristic that identifies Dromaeosaurid's they need to be distinctly different.  You show a notation of large and small serrations in your lower right photo yet in your lower left picture they appear to be the same size.  Have you done a serration count if not please do one at the mid line of both carinae over 5mm.  

• I found this Informative 1

Hello. That's a lovely tooth. It doesn't look like the typical Moroccan tooth for sure, and the distal (inner curve) serrations do look dromaeosaurid.

It's not recurved enough to me though. A cross section picture would be helpful too.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

This is the actual size of the tooth I presented here... Very soon the seller will be giving me detailed photos of the serrations :D. And I'll show you! Thank you! Very soon the Kemraptor mesquitae!

8589915011.png

03.PNG

Good morning to everyone! As I promised, I am sending more photos containing the details of the sides of the teeth (closeup picture of the distal serrations). In my collection, it's one of my favorite teeth, I called it Kemraptor mesquitae :D, But of course it's just a joke... Thank you all for your patience, and for the affection I always receive in this forum:ighappy:. If can help me, I'm very grateful!

2081686611.png

4428346911.png

2941119411.png

5434769611.png

03.PNG

4817086611.png

03.PNG

The serrations from just observing the pictures look identical on both edges.  A more precise method is to provide me a serration count like I mentioned in my first post.   Just based on what I can see the morphology does not fit a dromaeosaurid.  I would identify this tooth as theropod indet. it's an unidentifiable morphology.

Theropods in the Kem Kem are poorly understood and answers just don't exist.  Not sure if you've seen this topic I posted on this fauna.  Look at the last post that I recently made it discusses dromaeosaurid's

• I found this Informative 6

• 4 weeks later...

Finally the tooth arrived, but I am very disappointed, because in the advertisement, in the middle of the tooth there was a groove, but actually here came a very smooth tooth on both sides:

11.PNG

03.PNG

Now I'm absolutely sure it's not Dromaeosauridae! But I'm confused if the best bet would be on an undetermined Abelisaurid or Carcharodontosaurus sp... But we can compare with two knives lined up on opposite sides ... I can imagine the damage a theropod was capable of doing at that time!

08.PNG

03.PNG

By the way, my friend Troodon... I read your post very carefully and I liked it a lot:

But even reading this post, I still could not know if the best bet would be a undetermined Abelisaurid or Carcharodontosaurus sp. If you can help me with these new photos I sent, I'll be very grateful. Hugs!

03.PNG

Your knife's :D serrations :trex:  are different than others that I've seen and you will not see it in that post.

These are serrations of two different Carcharodontosaurid teeth and they do not compare well with yours

Carch1aMor.jpg.7f53bed08d93f5ac20fc935264cd36d7.jpg

Carch2bMorS.jpg.e0e6c1b643071845948dd47ea81e94c3.jpg

These are serrations of two small bodied Abelsaurids and they also do not compare well with yours

AlbelMor2a.thumb.jpg.e2bdef69c0728879dc444f3c559d7704.jpgAlbelMor1Sa.jpg.6c4d65ec76e07c4a68013f9f12f0e520.jpg

Like I said in my previous post I would identify this tooth as theropod indet. since it's an unidentifiable morphology.  Theropods from the Kem Kem are poorly understood and my guess is that they are a few more types yet to be discovered.  You are fortunate to have a special tooth tooth that is not common but I cannot put it into a family.    I do not want to guess like most others but rely on what is published.

• I found this Informative 2

20 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Do seu faca :D serrilhas  :trex:  são diferentes do que outros que eu vi e você não vai vê-lo no cargo.

Estes são serrilhados de dois dentes carcharodontosauridae diferentes e eles não se comparam bem com o seu

Carch1aMor.jpg.7f53bed08d93f5ac20fc935264cd36d7.jpg

Carch2bMorS.jpg.e0e6c1b643071845948dd47ea81e94c3.jpg

Estes são serrilhados de duas pequenas Abelsaurids fisicamente e eles também não se comparam bem com o seu

AlbelMor2a.thumb.jpg.e2bdef69c0728879dc444f3c559d7704.jpgAlbelMor1Sa.jpg.6c4d65ec76e07c4a68013f9f12f0e520.jpg

Como eu disse no meu post anterior eu  identificaria esse dente como  indet terópode.  já que é uma morfologia não identificável. Terópodes do Kem Kem são mal compreendidas e meu palpite é que eles são mais alguns tipos ainda a ser descoberto. Você é a sorte de ter um dente dente especial que não é comum, mas eu não posso colocá-lo em uma família. Eu não quero adivinhar como a maioria dos outros e confiar no que é publicado.

Once more thank you my friend Troodon! Then it is solved! In my collection I will call it Irritator Troodon problematicus! :hearty-laugh: Huge hug!

11.PNG

11.PNG

• I found this Informative 1

03.PNG

I have an inch and a half tooth that share those serrations. I suspect that is maybe Deltadromeus, or a type of Megaraptor. However, since no skull material is know, theropod is the best ID. 

• 5 years later...
On 2/6/2560 at 6 นาฬิกา 31 นาที, zekky said:

ฉันมีฟันหนึ่งนิ้วครึ่งที่ฟันปลาเหมือนกัน ฉันสงสัยว่าอาจเป็นเดลตาโดรม หรือเมก้าแรปเตอร์ประเภทหนึ่ง อย่างไรก็ตาม เนื่องจากไม่มีวัสดุเกี่ยวกับกะโหลกศีรษะ เทอโรพอดจึงเป็น ID ที่ดีที่สุด 

You have megaraptor?